GNC 7 Day Fast Loss Kit

Options
Hey all - I have been hearing alot about the GNC 7 day fast loss kit - have any of you tried it? A friend of mine did it and it helped jumpstart her weight loss - after the cleanse and meal replacement shakes she lost 12 lbs in one week....Just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it??

Replies

• bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    GNC rips people off.
    They have employees who aren't knowledgeable on the supplements they sell.
    They'll lie and tell you certain supps work when they don't.
    They overprice everything.
  • mamareese
    mamareese Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    GNC rips people off.

I don't personally have a lot of experience with them. But my DH has the same sediments as this poster. When he started getting into his fitness routine, he was naive and tried to listen to the advice and utilize this store. Once realizing that there isn't a whole lot of knowledge to back up a store full of supplements, he started doing his own research and now goes that route every time. IF we ever step foot in GNC, it's for an emergency protein run or something to that effect.

I talked to him about their products when I was looking into various protein shakes and he advised against GNC period.
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    If the 12 lbs was fat, I would be truly impressed. Unfortunately, we all know that isn't the case......As much as we would ALL love to be lean .... yesterday, it's not going to happen. Slow and steady wins the race...
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    GNC rips people off.

Completely true. Most of the employees i have seen are out of shape and dont know what the supplements do :p
    its so expensive and not worth it.

Doing a cleanse is complete unnecessary, our body does this on its own and doesnt need any help. As ffor the meal replacement shakes... they are gross and you are better off just saving your money by eating clean
  • b1delane
    b1delane Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    i am on it right now and it really does work...of course it's not gonna make you thin overnight but it does help with the basics...the protien shakes and the nightly cleanser keep you full and the burn 60,green tea extract,and water pills help keep you energized through out the day...I have noticed a difference not only in my energy levels, but i noticed that i tend to be more motivated and i have already lost 5 lbs and i am only half way done... Im sure that most is water weight but i have noticed that my body feels lighter, i sweat more when i workout, i don't look so bloated( no it's not that TOM), and my muscles look and feel more pronounced...WTH give it a try your gonna spend $50 on ur protien and dietary supplements anyways...BTW i got mine on sale so it way bout $ 40...The people @ the GNC in my area are very knowledgable and they have always been friendly.The only thing bout this product is the slight headaches i got after taking the pills and my energy was way up in the night...which was good b/c i end going to the gym 2x during the day n night 2 burn myself out! Hope this helps...You can check out my diary just add me!
  • mamato3babes
    mamato3babes Posts: 125
    Options
    I know a woman who did that system along with oxy elite pro and lost 40 lbs in 3 months! Her b4 and after pics are amazing... Doesnt even look like the same person.... And the manager of my local GNC knows her stuff! She's great! :)
  • legalady
    legalady Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm just about to start it today. I need a kick start as I've been hovering at the same weight for a while. I bought it at Rite Aid, which carries many GNC products.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    GNC rips people off.

I don't personally have a lot of experience with them. But my DH has the same sediments as this poster. ...

It's probably calcium or some other mineral. It shouldn't hurt you but it can really eff up your water heater over time. I'd recommend flushing out the water heater about every six months.
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I used it twice about 2 years ago, (once to get started, and again to get back on track after slacking), Both times it helped me knock off like 6-8 lbs. I found it to be very useful as a "getting started" tool...the loss I had from that gave me the motivation to keep going about the weight loss thing the right way.

I'm not going to lie...I was HUNGRY the days I did it, but 7 days isn't that long, and I was pleased with the results. If you are sensitive to caffiene, the red 'burn' pills might bother you (I'm not, but have heard people complain about them).

Good luck!
  • Biggirllittledreams
    Biggirllittledreams Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    GNC rips people off.

I don't personally have a lot of experience with them. But my DH has the same sediments as this poster. When he started getting into his fitness routine, he was naive and tried to listen to the advice and utilize this store. Once realizing that there isn't a whole lot of knowledge to back up a store full of supplements, he started doing his own research and now goes that route every time. IF we ever step foot in GNC, it's for an emergency protein run or something to that effect.

I talked to him about their products when I was looking into various protein shakes and he advised against GNC period.

UGH I KNOW. The people in GNC NEVER know what they're talking about- it's so frustrating!

I treat GNC like a vitamin store that doesn't have any staff, outside of the ones that ring me up. If i ask them questions they rarely know about the supplements I talk about (i'm a big holistic health individual, so i try to educate myself on such things), and i usually end up teaching them a thing or two.

Do your research long before you in there. Like another individual above has said, they'll merely tell you what you want to hear. Not the truth.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Unless your friend is Lightning McQueen, they didn't need a jumpstart. Neither do you, unless you are part car...
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,583 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately this is a story I've heard lots of times and the results usually end up being the same. Everything it "great" for 7 days. Then everything is "still going good" a month later. 6 months down the road, 95% of the people have quit and regained the weight they lost and are now looking for another quick weight loss program.
    For some reason people who put products on a pedestal, never think that they are going to be in that 95%. Live and learn.

Here's sound advice. No product or program works without a calorie deficit. And that's FREE of charge. It just takes a little discipline and consistency to do it.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hey all - I have been hearing alot about the GNC 7 day fast loss kit - have any of you tried it? A friend of mine did it and it helped jumpstart her weight loss - after the cleanse and meal replacement shakes she lost 12 lbs in one week....Just wanted to know if anyone else had tried it??
    I am very much for everyone doing whatever works for them and trying whatever they feel like trying. Everyone has to walk their own path. :)

Even if it's a fad diet or whatever.

I don't think the GNC thing will work, but if you want to try it and your doctor is on board, why not?

That cleansing stuff, though, is dangerous. People get actual, serious health problems because of it. Your body doesn't need cleansing. It knows how to handle toxins. It does a beautiful job. I feel compelled to urge you not to do "cleanses."

I never cleansed, but I've had flus and once had food poisoning. You lose a few pounds when your body empties the stomach and intestines and some water goes with it. Once you've been eating and drinking for three or four days, it all comes back. You won't lose weight cleansing, but could do damage to your body. It's a bad idea.

I'm sorry if it sounded like a lecture or mean. I am NOT trying to say it that way and if you decide to do it, I. Not going to call you names, lol. It's your choice! :)
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Works fast to empty your wallet and make you lose a bunch of water weight.
  • zerstreutesMaedchen
    Options
    Water weight. And stay away from GNC, unless you enjoy paying more than double for supplements.
  • big_dog8
    big_dog8 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    My friend just did the Gocleanse diet and lost 12 lbs in a week. She lived in the bathroom and it was over $300 plus supplements. She is starting to get health problems because she does this kind of stuff a lot. Had Gallstone surgery last year and was so happy that she lost weight. I really worry about her.
    Less than $50 though is good and sometimes a quick kick start will get u moving in the right direction.
    I've been increasing my intake of salads, veggies, lean proteins and cutting way back on carbs. Lost 2 lbs in a week which is normal for me. Adding some Syntrax Nectar protein shakes as snacks for addl protein .Slow but steady wins the race!
  • Meerataila
    Meerataila Posts: 1,885 Member
    Options
    Don't expect much from their employees. From what I've read, GNC doesn't pay a living wage and pressures them horribly on sales goals. I found this out after an employee tried to hire me. Did a little research and decided even being unemployed is preferable. Even their store managers make crap.
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    I am very much for everyone doing whatever works for them and trying whatever they feel like trying. Everyone has to walk their own path. :)

Even if it's a fad diet or whatever.

Don't expect a lot of support here for it. Most people are here because they're tired of the yoyo'ing and physical damage years of fad diets have done to their body.

And they're expensive and the results are temporary at best.

edited because of stupid quotes.
  • writergeek313
    writergeek313 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Unless your friend is Lightning McQueen, they didn't need a jumpstart. Neither do you, unless you are part car...

:laugh:

There's no reason to waste your money. Your goal should be to make gradual lifestyle changes that you can stick to. Quick fixes aren't sustainable. There's no magic pill or potion to jump start weight loss.
  • 43mmmgoody21
    43mmmgoody21 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    to lose 12 pounds of fat in 7 days requires a 6,000 calorie a day deficit- that is not 12 pounds of fat lost. the fat lost is due to the lowered caloric intake from " cleansing". Save your money, eat less than your body needs and voila you lose fat!