Tasty foods you thought you hated.

Options
So today I didn't do so hot in preparing my lunch and ended up at the grocery store across the street for some food. I got a salad from the salad bar and ended up choosing balsamic dressing - something I always thought I hated - because it was the healthiest of the options. Funny thing is, it was actually really good! I ate it on the salad and dipped my veggies in it and was pleasantly surprised.

What foods have you tried since your lifestyle change that you always said/thought you didn't like, and then found out they're actually tasty?

Replies

• angelarozmyn
    Options
    carrots, carrot juice, celery, tomatoes! Veggies in general...ha
  • happybrooke
    happybrooke Posts: 153
    Options
    Hummus and guacamole!
  • dailyorange
    dailyorange Posts: 128
    Options
    Cottage cheese and plain yogurt. I use to think anything plain tasted gross!
  • angiesteele
    angiesteele Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    asparagus...
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Options
    Rhubarb
  • ekbontje
    ekbontje Posts: 36
    Options
    Eggs! And celery sticks dipped in salsa. And shrimp.
  • activemom
    activemom Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    sauteed spinach!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    Avacado, almond butter, almond milk
  • live2smyle
    live2smyle Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    Tomatoes
  • DanaC43
    DanaC43 Posts: 6
    Options
    Ditto on the asparagus! Roasted in the oven with olive oil....it's really YUMMY!!
  • mrsbullard21
    Options
    And celery sticks dipped in salsa.

Still not so sure about that one! LOL.
  • TurboChels
    TurboChels Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    spaghetti squash and brussel sprouts :)
  • Victorian131
    Options
    I definitely second the humous! Also, cous cous. I always preferred pasta thinking cous cous would fill me up as much and was bland. But its so versatile and I hardly need any of it to fill me up! Plus it goes amazingly with chopped tomatoes and red pepper humous!
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Peanuts! Especially my homemade satay sauce on chicken (just garlic, ginger, chilli, coriander, soy sauce limes and crunchy peanut butter)
  • kristanickerson
    kristanickerson Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Hummus for sure and brussel sprouts...man I love Brussel sprouts I'd never had them until i was 30 they're great steamed...or the bad for you way sauteed with bacon :)
  • daniellejg
    Options
    basically all veggies lol...I LOVE broccoli and cauliflower, and cooked carrots and green beans lol
  • AllyS7
    AllyS7 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, greek yogurt, almonds, tilapia, beets.

LOVE them now! I hope to discover more yummy and healthy foods.
  • anzura
    anzura Posts: 171
    Options
    Collard greens and swiss chard. Used to think they were nasty, but they are sooooo freaking delicious!
  • kellykaye_xo
    kellykaye_xo Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Ditto on the asparagus! Roasted in the oven with olive oil....it's really YUMMY!!

I love asparagus! That's a great idea!