Worry bout it or forget bout it????

Options
I've kept 75lbs off for over 2.5 years. I try to workout 7 days a week but usually only end up goin to the gym 6 days a week. I am pretty much always over my calorie goals. I don't gain any weight other than just a lb or 2 that comes right back off again.

Well my question is: If I am not gainin on the scale is it still possible that I may end up gaining inch wise??? I am afraid that my eating is gonna end up turning into fat and I wont be able to tell just by lookin @ the scale!

Is it crazy the way that I am thinking or is there a possible logical sense to it?? :huh:

Replies

• Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Of course-- your muscle can be converted into fat. You might not notice it on the scale, but your clothes will fit differently and your body will look "soft"
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Of course-- your muscle can be converted into fat. You might not notice it on the scale, but your clothes will fit differently and your body will look "soft"

No different clothing wise... Plus I'm always gonna look soft... I got saggy skin from losing that much damn weight!!! I weight train so it better not turn into fat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • audjrey
    audjrey Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    Do you know what worry does to your body??? If you did, you'd vow to never worry again! I say forget about it! Just do your best and be proud of what you are able and willing to accomplish.

p.s. for the record, worry creates stress hormones called cortisol to be released in your blood stream. high cortisol levels have been linked to high body fat percentages
  • mikeyrp
    mikeyrp Posts: 1,616 Member
    Options
    Buy a tape measure and put your mind at ease :)

if you go to the gym less you might want to reduce your maintenance calories - just try it and see.
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Losing so much weight you probably already know this but just in case: Just be sure not to consume too many empty calories, keep your processed sugar and white carbs as low as possible, This should really help. Lots of protein too.

Well done on the amazing weight loss
  • dracobaby82
    dracobaby82 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I agree, the scale may not go up, but your clothes could end up not fitting right, to tight... I know it's kinda happened to me. After I had my twins, I lost all the weight I gained plus 20 pounds then gaind the 20 back :( Now I'm still working on loosing the 20 again... plus more, and I'm at 16 lost as of now but I still don't fit into those size smaller clothes :( for me it's just gonna take time... but that's awesome you have lost so much weight and kept it all off! I only hope when I lose all this weight I can keep it off :)
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options

muscle doesn't turn into fat.

please don't say that
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Possibly.

Muscle doesn't convert into fat. They are two separate things. But your body shape could change if you stop exercising. If you start losing muscle mass but gain fat mass you might not see a change on the scale but you will notice a physical change (increase). Fat takes up more space than muscle.

I'm now about the same weight I was through the early part of my 30s. But back then I didn't eat right and I didn't exercise. I have pants that were snug back then and loose now even though I am the same weight. I assume the opposite could happen too.

And you don't have to exercise 7 days a week. Give your body a day of rest and relax. It will be much happier for it.
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Do you know what worry does to your body??? If you did, you'd vow to never worry again! I say forget about it! Just do your best and be proud of what you are able and willing to accomplish.

p.s. for the record, worry creates stress hormones called cortisol to be released in your blood stream. high cortisol levels have been linked to high body fat percentages

Well, unfortantly even if I forget bout this, I will always have stress in my life bc of the type of work I do. I am a certified nurses aide and my job is very stressful and very demanding. It's mentally and physcially draining.
  • mikeyrp
    Options
    Well, unfortantly even if I forget bout this, I will always have stress in my life bc of the type of work I do. I am a certified nurses aide and my job is very stressful and very demanding. It's mentally and physcially draining.

Thats why I like the gym... its a great way to zone out! My fall back option is playing some music... pick up a cheep guitar and switch 2 of your workouts for a jam to your favorite tunes. You may be surprised how much positive effect it has on your workouts!
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options

please don't say that

Okay-- fat cells shrink/ expand
  • mikeyrp
    Options

please don't say that

Okay-- fat cells shrink/ expand

LMAO - wind up merchant!