Good breakfast ideas?

Options
I have a problem getting breakfast in so i need some good ideas. I need it to be fast, low calorie, and no bread. Anyone have good ideas? Thanks

Replies

• sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I love my oatmeal for breakfast!!
  • acknan
    acknan Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I love fiber one bars, nutrigrain bars, luna bars, etc.

When I have the time to cook, I do egg whites scrambled (no milk) with soy cheese and soy "meat" slices but into it. Yummy and loaded with protein!

Good Luck!
  • cjfoster
    cjfoster Posts: 36
    Options
    I drink the atkins net 2 protein drink or have have the chobani non-fat yogurt
  • skeele
    skeele Posts: 72
    Options
    I usually make me a shake the night before and have it ready to go to work with me in the morning. Just throw a banana, strawberries, yogurt, protein shake and some ice cubes and it comes out delish. You can play with the recipes too. Try frozen fruit and whatnot.
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    if you have time, an omelette can be relatively fast. that's my go-to breakfast to use up old vegetables =).
  • lisy28
    lisy28 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Hard Boiled eggs with turkey bacon yummy :)
  • St33787
    St33787 Posts: 7
    Options
    I'm in College so Breakfast needs to be quick and provide me with energy to make it through my classes:). I always have a Slimfast shake. Rich chocolate Royal is my favorite, 1 can has 190 calories. It provides me with a lot of energy (it has vitamins) and is actually very satisfying. It also curbs my appetite for the next few hours which keeps me from snacking. Hope this helps!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Eggs.
  • maddymama
    maddymama Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    Hi
    I make steel cut oatmeal in my crockpot a coulple of nights a week for breakfast.
    I throw in 1 cup oats, 4 cups water, some cinnamon and some other fixings (diced apple, diced dried fruit, etc.) and then set a timer to cook it on low for about 6 hours.
    I wake up to a healthy, hot breakfast that my family loves.
    Good luck finding great breakfast ideas.
  • starsnyc21
    starsnyc21 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Protein Shake w/ fruit. I also do egg whites and turkey bacon but that has a lot of sodium. Good luck!
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    Many nights I make myself an omlette, stick it in the fridge and then reheat it in the morning. Lots of protien and it along with a banana mid morning keeps me full until lunch.
  • lissak777
    Options
    I always have a shake in the morning. It doesn't take long to make and it has so much in it. Juice, soy protein, wheat germ, flax seed, fresh or frozen berries and ice cubes. So good.
  • aimelee
    aimelee Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    You can make scrambled eggs in the microwave in 1 minute! spray a coffee mug with nonstick spray, add an egg, tiny bit of milk, cheese, spinach, turkey bacon, salt, pepper (whatever you want, basically) and microwave for 1 minute. if it is still a little runny on the bottom stick it in for another 30 seconds. Delish, healthy and fast!
  • deathtaco
    deathtaco Posts: 237
    Options
    You can make scrambled eggs in the microwave in 1 minute! spray a coffee mug with nonstick spray, add an egg, tiny bit of milk, cheese, spinach, turkey bacon, salt, pepper (whatever you want, basically) and microwave for 1 minute. if it is still a little runny on the bottom stick it in for another 30 seconds. Delish, healthy and fast!

^ This.
    "Breakfast in a cup!" Don't be afraid of high fat content in the morning, it keeps you fuller longer.
  • MurilloMama
    Options
    Almond tofu dessert with a bit of granola....so yummy (they have other flavors too!)
  • Cmuchoa
    Cmuchoa Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I eat a variety of things for breakfast with a hot cup of plain green tea:

whole egg + egg white, Ezekiel 4:9 (sodium free) sprouted grain bread (organic - flourless) + a piece of fruit (banana, pineapple slice, apple)
    millet + coconut or almond milk + fruit (banana or blueberries)
    oatmeal + plain yogurt + a little bit of flaxseed in both
    Quinoa Flakes (like an oatmeal but gluten free) + flax seeds + fruit (banana or blueberries)
    Plain yogurt + cinnamom + flaxseed
    Ezekiel 4:9 with peanut butter
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    You can cook an egg in the microwave in about a minute.