Zone Bars

Options
Does anyone have strong opinions on Zone or other protein bars? I've been buying different flavors of the Zone Perfect bars for awhile now. I like them because they're sweet (which I am a sucker for), but also have a high amount of protein so should in theory be filling. Lately though, I'm wondering if they are doing more harm than good. I tend to have them as a snack and not as a meal replacement (because honestly, 180-200 calories is not a meal for me). Thoughts on whether these types of bars are a good idea?

Replies

• waverly9876
    waverly9876 Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I love Zone bars. I actually have tried almost every type of protein bar and these are the only ones I eat. I used to eat them for breakfast but bc of the sugar, I have them every few days. I now eat the Zone Perfect which are only 180-190 calories. I loved the Dark Chocolate Mocha but they no longer carry it.
  • Mad_Dog_Muscle
    Mad_Dog_Muscle Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    I have been guilty of that as well, as a snack instead of meal replacement. I love them, but I sometimes use it as a post gym snack, and not as a true meal replacement. Sort of in between a snack and a meal replacement. I burn enough cals to where I can usually make up for it during the day.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    I love 'em too, but when you look at the overall nutrition stats and ingredients, a lot of them aren't a whole lot better than candy bars. I tend to leave them alone, but will grab a couple when I am travelling.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I also love the Zone protein bars, I found them a few weeks ago and I've been eating one a day on my workout days. I'll have it as an afternoon snack, since I'm eating back my exercise calories and they keep me full the rest of the afternoon and thru my workout. They're the only ones I've liked so far. Even if it is 180-210 calories a bar, I plan in advance and I don't eat large dinners, so it fits in my overall meal plan.
  • b00b0084
    b00b0084 Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    I love cliff bars.. the beanut butter crunch ones are my fav!