Write in your favorite "snack"

Options
Some days I really have the munchies, but I don't want to sabotage all my diet work. Please post your favorite snack ideas that are 150 calories or less.
Here's a couple of my favorites:
1T. flax seeds = 45 calories They are odd to eat, but give me a lot of "chewing" time & they soak up water.
Fresh spinach leaves 2c. = 30 calories. Again, a lot of chewing and sooooo filling. This also gives me an energy boost.

I really like the "non-traditional" snacks, too.
So, tell us what works for you!

Replies

• Slavic_Spice
    Slavic_Spice Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Sugar snap peas... I had to take a break from baby carrots. I find it satisfying to crunch on the peas at my desk.
  • AMYJ7
    AMYJ7 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    100 Calorie Almonds by Emerald, Special K Chocolaty Pretzel (90 calories I think). These are great to keep in my desk at work when I need a pick me up!
  • jojowink
    jojowink Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    apple or the nature valley granola bars (they are 190 calories)
  • karo224
    karo224 Posts: 292
    Options
    mine is traditional.....lite string cheese.....they are filling and only 50 cals each!
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with cut up tomato and fresh torn basil leaves and a lil black pepper yummmmmoooooo
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt when I am craving sweet and creamy. It may not be the lowest calorie snack, but it is much better than the other snacks that fill that craving!
  • BTB806
    BTB806 Posts: 4
    Options
    1/4 cup of edamame (dry roasted soybeans). Only 150 calories with 5g of fiber and 11g of protein, so it quites the hunger monster!
  • SaraEWrig
    SaraEWrig Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Sugar Snap Peas -

Or - steamed edamame with sea salt!
  • dawgmaven
    dawgmaven Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Arrowhead Mills puffed kamut cereal -- it's only 50 calories a cup and has protein, no sugar. It satisfies my reach and crunch cravings.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Edamame - you can buy them in 8 oz bags and throw them in the microwave. Take the leftover and chill them in the fridge for another "snack" time. 1 serving is 90 calories and good source of protein. I like them bc you have to work for it so you eat slower and feel full sooner. :)
  • BamBam1113
    BamBam1113 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    4 Tablespoons Marzettis Fat Free Ranch Veggie Dip = 60 calories
    6 oz raw baby carrots = 70 calories
  • swimmermama
    swimmermama Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    String cheese and apple - my favorite string cheese is 70 calories and a gala apple is about 80 calories

Nonfat or lowfat greek yogurt or cottage cheese and fruit like pineapple, strawberries, or blueberries

Plain popcorn - you can eat a ton for 150 calories

Roasted veggies and goat cheese - cut up some veggies, stick in the oven for a bit, and then top with crumbled goat cheese
  • Red13
    Red13 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    lowfat ricotta cheese. It has less fat and sodium than cottage cheese and more protein. Can mix it with unlimited things!
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to fiber one oat and chocolate bars. 140 calories a piece and I'm full off of 1 bar for 2 hours.
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    OK--this one is sinful...kinda. I love Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches. 140 cals to keep me sane.
  • jhughes74
    Options
    Large Rice cake with tsp of Almond butter and tsp jam (raspberry is good!). Nice and easy to make, just need to use a spoon to make sure you are not overdoing the AB and Jam.
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    Hey thanks! I needed some fresh ideas!
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Fruits in general, especially strawberries, bananas, and apples. In the summer, I love to snack on frozen red grapes. They may be higher in natural sugars, but they are so good when it is hot outside.
    Kaye
  • clw_888
    clw_888 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lite String Cheese
    Banana
    Special K Chocolatey Pretzel Bar
    Fudgesicle Low Fat Fudge Bar - 60 cals and no artificial sweeteners!
    Spearmint Tea
  • MarySunshine70
    Options
    1/4 cup of edamame (dry roasted soybeans). Only 150 calories with 5g of fiber and 11g of protein, so it quites the hunger monster!
    Thanks! I'll try this. I've not heard of dry roasted. What's the brand?