Military peeps looking for an HRM...

Options
Don't forget to check your Exchange! I almost bought a Polar FT4 at Target for $93.99 this weekend. After tax, it would have been almost $100. I decided to check online and see if I could find it cheaper. I happened to be at the base today and decided to look at the NEX. They had it for $69.99 and the Polar FT7 for $89.99.

Replies

• KTCali
    KTCali Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    SWEET! I will have my roomie get me one :) Thanks for the advice!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    ahhh thanks for telling me! I have been wanting one so bad but just couldn't bring myself to pay that much for it!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I just got done using it. I suspected MFP was under estimating my cals burned and I was right. Not a ton, but if I had gone with MFP today, it would have cheated me out of 50 calories. That's a square of dark chocolate! :laugh:
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I just got done using it. I suspected MFP was under estimating my cals burned and I was right. Not a ton, but if I had gone with MFP today, it would have cheated me out of 50 calories. That's a square of dark chocolate! :laugh:

lol you just convinced me that I HAVE to get one! =)
  • armywife1986
    Options
    I bought the Polar FT40, and the Polar website was asking $179.95 +tax+shipping.... probably would've been well over $190 after that. Checked our PX (AAFES) website and found it for $139.95, plus I had a 10% off code!! We also have no tax or shipping costs, so It ended up being $129.95. Saved myself at least $60!
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I don't know why we don't think to check the NEX more often. Especially considering the one at NB San Diego is huge (it's actually in two buildings). At Target we DID end up buying an Iron Gym for my husband. It's probably the most awesome thing ever (I love watching him do pull-ups :laugh:), but we ended up paying $29.99 + tax for it and the NEX had it for $24.99. I could have kicked myself.

We do go to the GNC on base though because you get the 20% discount using your gold card every day, not just the first 7 days of the month.
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I'll have to check it out! Beats trying to order one from Amazon!
  • jsoaper01
    jsoaper01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    If you or your spouse is in the military, Military One Source has great Health Coaching.