Just Dance 2 or Zumba for the Wii

Options
I am looking for a Wii game that my daughter and I can play together to get a little extra calorie burn in, in the evenings. Which of these two does everyone prefer?
TIA! :wink:

Replies

• gamecockmama
    Options
    Out of the two, I prefer Just Dance 2. It is easier to learn the moves, and there is a much greater variety of music making it less likely to get bored with it. I definitely work up a sweat doing both of them, but if you are just looking at getting one, I would choose Just Dance 2. I do it with my 4 year old, and he loves it!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    I have both. I think Just Dance 2 is more group friendly.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    If you are trying to burn a lot of calories at one time Zumba. If you are looking for more of a fun aspect while burning calories Just Dance 2.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I got bored with Zumba but I love both of the JUST DANCE games I have. I sold my Zumba to a co-worker who has a 13 year old daughter who liked it for a week and then also got bored. It is fairly easy to advance through the levels quickly if you have dance experience.
  • Septembergirl23
    Septembergirl23 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I got bored with Zumba but I love both of the JUST DANCE games I have. I sold my Zumba to a co-worker who has a 13 year old daughter who liked it for a week and then also got bored. It is fairly easy to advance through the levels quickly if you have dance experience.
  • CassieH818
    CassieH818 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Just Dance 2. I have it for my Wii & when I started losing weight I played a lot of JD2 and I credit that to the majority of my weight loss. I now have a HR monitor and I can burn some serious calories depending on which songs I do & for how long I play!

I have also heard wonderful things about Zumba. The calorie burn is just as great if not greater but it doesn't seem as interactive as JD2.
  • harmonydubois
    Options
    JUST DANCE @...MAJOR BURN FOR 45 MINUTES
  • Nelly711
    Nelly711 Posts: 52
    Options
    Thanks for asking this!!! I don't have either, and have pondered which one would be better. I think I will opt for the Just Dance! Thanks for your input everyone!
  • Mandam1018
    Mandam1018 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Yes, thanks everyone!! I think I will be getting the JD2 which I was leaning towards anyway. I think my 3 year old will be able to handle it a little better as well.