trying to find a workout while pregnant

Options
I just found out I am pregnant. I have been doing Jillian Michael's no more target zones video for about 2 weeks now. Do you think it's safe to continue doing it or should I find something else?

Replies

• IdaBetances
    IdaBetances Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yoga
  • Ely82010
    Ely82010 Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    Better ask your doctor.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    ask your dr but I think the standard is you can do just about anything you were when you found out, like if you always run, you can still run while pregnant but you shouldn't take up anything physical like that if you didn't do it already. but please check with your dr first.
  • kms1981
    kms1981 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    My sister is 13 weeks pregnant and her dr advised her to keep her heart rate at 140 and below while exercising. She walks and jogs now (just recently gave up spin).
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Id check w/ your dr for sure-walking and jogging are safe along with swimming. I did water aerobics the farther along I got-easier on joints and still a safe workout-congrats!
  • alliecore
    alliecore Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yep, I agree with the others....ask your OB or midwife. Generally speaking it is safe (I didn't change a thing, except when evening sickness got me down and I could only squeak out a light walk.) I continued with weights and running till around 6 months, then went to powerwalking outside up until D-day. But without talking to your caregiver, there is NO solid answer on MFP! :)
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    www.fitpregnancy.com
  • katiejo2011
    katiejo2011 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    First off Congratulations! Happy and healthy 9 months to you.

According to my doc you can do the same things you were doing as long as you don't feel pain when doing it. But I recommend just doing as much as you feel comfortable doing. I want to be pregnant and I just had my yearly and I asked about this because i want to continue my exercise when I do get pregnant. Hope this helps.
  • ajoyfulnusiance
    Options
    Thanks so mych guys!!