How am I going to make it through!

Options
Sigra
Sigra Posts: 374 Member
Start that time of the month, and guess what? I'm wanting to drop what I'm doing and head over to the Mexican place across the street for some Salty Fajitas!!

This is going to be a long week :(

Replies

• katm427
    katm427 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    You've got this, though. Focus instead on coming up with a healthy snack that might be able to quell the cravings. After all, that's all it is. A craving.
  • forkeeps
    forkeeps Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Oh I know that feeling!!! Pick up some fresh salsa (Safeway has a great one) and a can of black beans...rinse the beans REALLY WELL, add 2 tablespoons of salsa and DEVOUR! At least that's how I dealt with my Mexican food craving...
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    You can make your own healthy fajitas. Season up some chicken, steak, shrimp, or all of them, add some lime juice to them, and if you use lettuce leaves instead of the tortillas, you have more calories left for the tasty stuff!
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    You can totally make your own fajitas and they are good!
    Lean chicken, peppers and onions and a little fajita seasoning. Reduced fat cheese, reduced fat sour cream.....La Tortilla Factory brand makes a tortilla that has 50 calories and is low carb high fiber. We have them a couple times a month and I LOVE them!
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    If you are craving something you can have it, just in moderation and not all of the time. If i'm absolutely craving something I have it, but a smaller portion than normal. Then I work out a little more to compensate for it!
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Run to the store and get the ingredients to make a healthy version - like:

http://www.skinnytaste.com/search?q=fajitas
  • JoAnnLeahMurphy
    Options
    hold out.....you will be so proud of yourself!!!!! Don't give in! The above posts had some wonderful idea!! Hang in there - you can do it!!!!!
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    You can make your own healthy fajitas. Season up some chicken, steak, shrimp, or all of them, add some lime juice to them, and if you use lettuce leaves instead of the tortillas, you have more calories left for the tasty stuff!

I agree! Make your own. It's soooo easy. Most grocery stores carry packets of "fajita seasoning". Lightly pan sautee some chicken, or shrimp along with onions and peppers. There are also some 5-carb tortillas that would work great. Low-fat sour cream to top it off! Just watch the cheese. ;)
  • ladybg81
    ladybg81 Posts: 1,553 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel!!!! But trust me, don't give in! You'll feel a lot worse than you do right now if you indulge. Do like some others suggested and make your own fajitas or even some tacos might curb that craving!
  • Sigra
    Sigra Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I'm at work, so making my own is out of the question :(
    And we don't have Safeway's in Texas for some reason! Grrr!
  • SaLandrum
    SaLandrum Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I love your suggestion...... (just wish i could add the avocado!) :blushing:
  • 4lafz
    4lafz Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Then make for dinner tonight - stop at the store on the way home. When I crave something - I always make a healthy version - or find a product that is low cal. That way you don't feel deprived.
  • papercoyote
    Options
    When I get a craving, I make myself a taco salad. Ground turkey mixed with taco seasoning, on top of lettuce with tomatoes, some non-fat sour cream, and if I have the calories, cheese and guacamole. But even if I skip the latter two, it's deeply satisfying!

It's funny though...when making tacos at home, if you use ground turkey, I didn't find it too hard to stick to my calorie count. Sure, I had to skip the cheese usually, and no guacamole or refried beans, but otherwise it's all the same and really good. If you're in the states, you can probably find even more low-calories options for tacos, like low-cal hard shells or something.