Weight progress calculation by mfp

Options
hello,
I started with 190lbs and now i am at 176lbs, but on my mfp it says i have only lost 10lbs why is that? if i calculate it, it is about 14lbs. just wondering if anyone knew the answer. thanks in advance.

Replies

• ChantalD75
    ChantalD75 Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I just did mine too and it's off by 0.4 difference... I wonder why as well? Mine is not that much difference...
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    go to check in, and hit 'change previous entries'. Does your very first entry have 190lbs? If you mistakenly entered a different number, your ticker reflects that.
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I think it rounds to the nearest lbs but I don't know why it would be four lbs off.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I just did mine too and it's off by 0.4 difference... I wonder why as well? Mine is not that much difference...

This might be because the tickers round to the nearest whole number. If you are 160lbs, and you lose 0.4 lbs, your ticker will show 0 lbs lost. But when you lose 0.2 more lbs (0.6 total so far) your ticker displays 1 lbs lost, because it is rounding.
  • lizalmp1234
    lizalmp1234 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I just fixed mine, thank you for the input, I incorrectly entered a weight at the beginning. thanks so much