HRM

Options
I want an HRM. Any suggestions on a decent priced one?

Replies

• MEMA5
    MEMA5 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    THE POLAR BRANDS ARE VERY RELIABLE, THEY HAVE MANY MODELS TO CHOOSE FROM. I HAVE HAD MINE FOR A LONG TIME AND HAVE NO COMPLAINTS..GOOD LUCK
  • agdeierl
    agdeierl Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Mine is a Polar FT7 with chest strap. From what I understand, Polars are one of the best brands to buy, though they're not usually cheap. I got mine as a gift, but I think it was somewhere around $100. You'll might be tempted to go out to Walmart and buy a $50 hrm. All I can say is DON'T DO IT! Those are extremely cheap and unreliable to where they will most likely sabotage your weight loss efforts. If you're going to invest in an HRM, you're going to have to shell out a little bit. My Polar FT7 is good quality. I've used it almost every day since I got it last December, and I haven't had any problems with it. I'm losing weight, so I can only guess it's as reliable as any HRM can be. I highly recommend. I find that my hrm really motivates me to push myself harder (or take it down a notch) since it's so easy to view my heart rate. And obviously seeing the calorie burn estimation at the end of a session is awesome. (remember they're all estimations) It definitely gave me peace of mind. Good luck!