Losing inches but clothes are the same? I don't get it!

Options
Hey everyone,

Well I've been doing MFP for about 10 days now. So far I have lost 8 inches off my body; that's including my bust, thigh, hips & waist. I have lost about 2lbs, but lost another 2lbs before starting MFP so 4lbs altogether.

So how come when I try my clothes on there's hardly any difference? My hips are half an inch more than what they used to be before I put on weight from pregnancy... But I tried on a old shirt that used to be loose on me & it's still tight around my hips?... How can I have 1/2 inch left to lose but my shirt still be tight?!

I don't get it!

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    Maybe you measured wrong? If you're losing weight and inches, your clothes should be fitting better.
  • HotSouthernMess
    HotSouthernMess Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    it doesnt make sense to me either. i have posted so many times about this and im still confused. so fa i have lost almost 30 pounds and 18 inches (total from waist, hips, bust, thighs and arms) 6 from waist and 6.5 from hips. my clothes are fitting very loosely but still fit. i wish i knew as well....
  • MsNeverQuit
    Options
    I'm no expert, but maybe you're gaining muscle. The same thing happened to me when I did P90X. I was gaining muscle almost right away & my main goal was weight loss and inches! Muscle is good and we certainly need it to burn fat..... but if you're a girl like me you want to see the scale go down and wear a smaller size clothes.

I bulk up easy which they always say women don't do, but I beg to differ!! lol Personally I had to increase my cardio to get more pounds and inches off. No matter what don't quit!!! Good luck.

** one more thing- give yourself a little more time, it's only been 10 days. Measure again in 30days and you'll probably see a difference then.
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    it doesnt make sense to me either. i have posted so many times about this and im still confused. so fa i have lost almost 30 pounds and 18 inches (total from waist, hips, bust, thighs and arms) 6 from waist and 6.5 from hips. my clothes are fitting very loosely but still fit. i wish i knew as well....

How can you loose 6. Inches from your waist and still have your clothes fit??? Sonehing id wrong with your measurements or your clothes must be sort if elastic.
  • BrownSkinBeauty1990
    BrownSkinBeauty1990 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I know I've measured correctly because my partner helps me measure too. Also if I measured wrong it would only probably be out by like half an inch to an inch?

Hmm, well I think I will wait a little longer & hopefully see my clothes getting looser soon!

Thank you :smile:
  • Gary1977
    Gary1977 Posts: 804 Member
    Options

How can you loose 6. Inches from your waist and still have your clothes fit??? Sonehing id wrong with your measurements or your clothes must be sort if elastic.

This is my case! I have lost about 8 inches in the waist in the last 2 months and still wear the same pants, but they have the elastic waistbands. I realize now that they were probably starting to get tight and now they are almost too loose.