Insanity vs p90x for higher bmi

eproffit83
eproffit83 Posts: 3
edited September 26 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi. I have been looking at getting either insanity or p90x. I have heard great things about both of them but have also heard that p90x is more for people who have already hit their plateau and need to cut, also heard p90x is not safe for the body.

A little embarrassed to say this, but I gained over 70 lbs with my pregnancy and am trying to lose it. I was actually like 20 lbs overweight before I got pregnant. I am now 50 lbs overweight for my ideal bmi. I used to be a gymnast but that was about 10 years ago when I was at my ideal bmi. So I believe all of that muscle mass is GONE. I am scared to start either one of these since I am so out of shape. Is either one ok or better for persons who are as overweight as i am? Hate to waste my time/money on something that will just further the weight depression.

Thank You

Replies

• foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    You should probably watch the videos on them to determine if you can do them. I tried Insanity. Hated it and I'm in pretty good shape.
  • A really good site to help you make that decision would be teamripped.com. I myself do a hybrid of P90X and Insanity, but this site will answer ALL of you questions. Coach Wayne is a great coach and will answer all of your questions personally.
  • rocky63
    rocky63 Posts: 3
    im doin p90x now and i love it but from a standpoint of wanting to lose weight and being out of shape look into p90. Its a starter program. Hope that helps you out.
  • gumby101ca
    gumby101ca Posts: 539 Member
    i jumped head first into P90X , and love it.. im now into week 18
  • missbrandyp
    missbrandyp Posts: 34 Member
    I have both and love both.

Insanity is a great intense cardio workout if you're really looking for weight loss.
    P90X is a great all around work out for gaining muscle and toning.

Both are safe but if you're afraid to jump right in start with P90 it's the program before P90X that is awesome as well just not as intense. I was a good 50lbs over weight when I started P90X and was doing great but had to stop because I got really sick but will be starting back up again next week with a combo of both P90X and Insanity together.
  • luppic8
    luppic8 Posts: 580 Member
    I did insanity and it is not easy...very intense. It requires a ton of jumping and is very fast paced. Try the slim in 6 program first to get you ready for such a wicked workout program,( that way you don't get the failure blues and you don't spend the money on it). Insanity also comes with a very strict diet plan that you have to follow to a tee. It's a good program, but you really have to be ready for something that intense otherwise you will get turned off. Good luck!
  • yepratt
    yepratt Posts: 26
    Well insanity does not require any equipment (just water, towel, and GOOD tennis shoes) I tried insanity and I got 2 sprains in one knee because of improper shoes, and not knowing when to modify the moves. Good luck in which ever you decide to do Keep the family updated with your progress once you decide!!
  • PdxBaby
    PdxBaby Posts: 1
    I am a Team Beachbody Coach and both of those programs are a lot if you are just starting out. We have so many other programs available that will be good for you. ChaLEAN extreme, or TurboFire are great. Also, even though it's older, Power 90 by Tony Horton is a great place to start, then you can get your endurance and strength going to be ready to take on something more. It really depends on what you think will keep your interest for your goals without burning you out too quickly. Plus your diet and eating habits will be 80% of getting back into shape!

Do you already have a Team Beachbody account or a Coach? If so, you can talk to them about a good program for you. If you don't have one already, you are more than welcome to get a free Team Beachbody account through me. I will personally sponsor and Coach you and will be available for all questions. You also have access to the message boards, WOWY supergym for cash and prizes, manage your goals and more.

Go to www.PimFitness.com.
    Under my photo select "Join", then go to the Free membership button.
    From there you can order any products from your account directly. And, you actually often times get bonus workouts when you order and are linked up with a Coach.

I am available for any further questions you may have. You CAN do this!

Jana
  • Laurieannfanelli
    Laurieannfanelli Posts: 36 Member
    I have both of those and they are great, but I at my age have a hard time with the jumping with my knees. So I saw on late night TV
    Supreme 90day system for only 19.99 was kind of wondering if it was a cheap version. I found it at walgreens for the same price minus the shipping and tried out. It was Great! Is very challenging and had a great after burn. You can find it online also. You might like it I do. Good luck! :bigsmile:
This discussion has been closed.