4 MPH= Jogging or Power Walking

Options
2»

Replies

• RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    That's a brisk walk for me, but log it as the speed you are going (i.e. 4.0) regardless of if you are walking or jogging. Reason being that while you do burn a bit more jogging than walking, it sounds like you are just starting out and not going long distances yet, so it really won't make that much of a difference.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I don't think it matters what anyone else is doing or what MFP says. Do what you can do and work your way up. :smile:
  • watermelonstarfish
    watermelonstarfish Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    if your jogging, log it as that. if your walkin, log it as a walk
  • ccrawshaw
    ccrawshaw Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    At 5'7", I don't feel the need to start jogging until 5 mph, but I also know that a very comfortable walking speed for me is 3.6 and my mother (who is 5'3") has to jog about half the time to keep up with me at that pace.
  • Lindsay7360
    Options
    Do what you feel comfortable doing!

I am in Week 6 of c25k and I generally jog at 4.5-4.7ish. It's what I'M comfortable jogging at. If other people jog at a faster pace, GREAT! But this isn't about them.. it's about me! And same goes for you!! :)

Right now, I'm just concerned with getting through the program, I will work on speed later.

Good luck! :)
  • MrsSmith2010
    MrsSmith2010 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I started my C25K on Monday and I consider 4.0 my jog. I'm 5'8'' but it's still too much for me to walk at that speed. I can mayyyybe walk at 3.8, but even that's uncomfortable. To start with, I'm walking at 3.0 and running at 4.0.
  • LovelySnugs
    LovelySnugs Posts: 389
    Options
    when i started using the treadmill a month ago, 4 mph was my jog. but now, it's more like 4.5.

if that helps. ..