Motivational clothes?

Options
SabrinaJL
SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
Do you have a specific piece of clothing (or more than one) that helps motivate you?

My birthday was last week and my daughter got me a Hunger Games t-shirt. I tried it on and it's REALLY snug (pic in my profile). It looks ok, but it's definitely tighter than I feel comfortable wearing yet. I really wanna hurry up and lose enough to where I feel ok wearing it because it was sweet of her to get it for me.

Replies

• babyworms
    babyworms Posts: 1,304 Member
    Options
    I have two - My wedding dress (i want them to have to alter it HEAPS when it comes in :P) and a pair of jeans i used to be able to fit into, that i absolutely love!
    The jeans have remained in my wardrobe for the last six years even though they haven't fit me!
  • debbyrae3
    debbyrae3 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That was sweet of her.

I just have 2 pairs of Size 7 jeans that I bought. I'm so close now that they "fit" but are that tiny bit snug to where they don't look great. I'm hoping that maybe I can wear them out shopping Thursday seeing as I'm doing a Shakeology 3-day cleanse. :)
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My MIL gave me a pair of khaki dress capri's last summer. They still have the tags on them were I was never able to wear them! SO I tried them on 3 days ago and I was able to get them on! Now I just need to be able to zip them up.

I took the tags off and my husband and I agreed to make a special wall for them in our master bathroom!!

I WILL SUCCEED!!
  • DreamLittleDarling
    DreamLittleDarling Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I bought myself some Victorias Secret yoga capri pants, their sizes run small as it is, so the large was PRETTY dang snug on me... But they're uber stretchy so I wore them quite a bit... putting those on make me feel SO good and feel good working out too! I wanna just run or dance or something whenever I put them on! Maybe it's because it says "I <3 PINK" across the butt? lol I don't know what it is, but those just do it for me!
  • angmora
    angmora Posts: 22
    Options
    All of my jeans were getting too big, so I took ALL of them to the seamstress and had them make them a little snug. Now only way to go is DOWN:bigsmile:
  • liyahxoxo
    liyahxoxo Posts: 78
    Options
    i want to wear a real tiny back dress, strapless, for the first time in my life. :blushing:
  • angp7711
    angp7711 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I have two pairs of jeans hanging in my closet. One has never been worn. When I was at my lowest (151) I could get them on but had serious muffin top going. The other fit me perfectly at about 155. Beyond that it will be all new shopping for me.

Ang
  • Stefani74
    Stefani74 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I ordered skinny jeans and a bikini for motivation. I am already in the skinny jeans! YAY!! And I have a month or so before I will be wearing the bikini so I gotta keep doing what I am doing!!
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    Don't laugh... but my inspiration is my old schoolgirl outfit. Grey plaid short skirt (shortened even more when I graduated hehe), black top with a 3/4 sleeve, worn with a white shirt underneath to fold over the sleeves and the collar, over the knee stockings (in place of the old-fashioned socks) and my Mary Janes...
    Won't wear it to school anymore, but it sure still has its uses ;)
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    the low rise2.5" volleyball shorts. They motivate me to stay this way and keep working out.

The underwear I have also keeps me motivated ^_^
  • snowflakelaia
    Options
    Nemilicious - I dressed as a school girl last Halloween. It was quite a success and lots of fun! I have kept it and will probably wear it again in the future. :)
  • DeniseGdz
    DeniseGdz Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I bought myself some Victorias Secret yoga capri pants, their sizes run small as it is, so the large was PRETTY dang snug on me... But they're uber stretchy so I wore them quite a bit... putting those on make me feel SO good and feel good working out too! I wanna just run or dance or something whenever I put them on! Maybe it's because it says "I <3 PINK" across the butt? lol I don't know what it is, but those just do it for me!

I can't not wait to be able to shop in that store!! It's been years and that will be my first stop!!
  • Walt75
    Walt75 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I still got a closet full of clothes that are brand new and don't fit me yet....
  • jesseBYAH
    jesseBYAH Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    The red strapless dress that I wore to PROM my junior year of HS. I want to wear it this year for Halloween. I'm going to get it altered into more of a Jessica Rabbit style ;) (aka more cleavage, and a slit up the side lol) I can't wait! I thought of the idea years ago but never got around to actively losing weight. This is the year!
  • Nemilicious
    Options
    Nemilicious - I dressed as a school girl last Halloween. It was quite a success and lots of fun! I have kept it and will probably wear it again in the future. :)
    You know what I just decided?
    Every 2-3 that go by, I will hang a different piece of clothing on the outside of my closet, so it is the last thing I see before I go to bed and the first thing to greet me when I open my eyes... never letting me slip from my goal :D
  • MommyLumpkin
    Options
    Every cute shirt or outfit that doesn't come in plus sizes! lol

I also have this super cute shirt I got years ago that says "easy like sunday morning". Probably not appropriate for a mother of two to wear daily but I'll be excited when it fits again!
  • pinup_mama
    pinup_mama Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have a pair of pre-babies jeans that I bought at the Buckle, wore for a summer, and then put away because I got pregnant. Those jeans will someday fit me again!!!
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    Two concert tee shirts (Rancid and Darling Thieves) that I bought in a Large because they were out of XLs...

Tried on the Darling Thieves tee two days ago and it fits a little better...hoping with maybe another 10 or 11 pounds down they will be wearable in public :)

A small NSV though: All my "XXL" guy size concert tee shirts are huge on me now...having to throw them in the dryer to try to shrink them LOL.
  • elliecolorado
    elliecolorado Posts: 1,040
    Options
    My favorite pants from a few summers ago (when I was in much better shape) I love those pants, and they WILL fit again!
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    I bought a sun dress, it doesn't fit but bought it for my motivation to fit into by summer!!!