My toe is broken

Options
A pool table fell over on my foot and shattered my big toe:cry: . I am on strict orders from my doctor to rest and not put any weight on my foot at risk of surgery. So any creative calorie burning ideas??

Replies

• alymarest
    alymarest Posts: 115
    Options
    A pool table fell over on my foot and shattered my big toe:cry: . I am on strict orders from my doctor to rest and not put any weight on my foot at risk of surgery. So any creative calorie burning ideas??
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    What a bummer! Can you swim or are you in a cast?
  • alymarest
    alymarest Posts: 115
    Options
    I am not in a cast but i don't have a pool. and i can't drive :(
  • CrystalBella
    CrystalBella Posts: 848 Member
    Options
    wow.. i'm so sorry to here that. i don't know any, but i hope you get tons betters! :flowerforyou:
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Hmm, maybe upper body stuff, like free weights that you can do while seated. Um, just don't drop them on your toe. :laugh:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    you could try some yoga or pilates that is on the ground or sitting!
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    ARGHH! That stinks! crutch.gif

Take it east for bit and just watch your calorie intake closely. You can still lose weight with MFP even without working out since it gives you a daily deficit!
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Awww! I am sorry to hear it!

I would just focus on some calisthenics and lift weights to keep yourself strong. Leg lifts, sit ups, etc.

Sit on the floor and pretend to be boxing something. Throw punches, duck, lean back.

If you can get crutches, go walk! That will be a work out for sure!!

Feel better!!
    -Tam
  • PedalHound
    PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    That's exactly right Tam! Boxing is fabulous cardio. If you want something to follow, get a Tae Bo work out and sit in a chair then do everything you can from the chair. You'll still get a decent cardio work out. And of course weights. And as someone said, pilates won't put pressure on your toe if you do mat pilates.

That's a bummer but at least you can still keep on top of your calories and do SOME working out!
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Bless your heart...I hope you aren't in alot of pain...take care so you can get back to 100% or more...everyone has given you some good ideas...the 1st thing that came to my mind was just picking out different body parts, flex/tighten the muscle for at least 10 seconds, release for a couple of seconds and repeat...this especially works well on the abs if you break it down to one area at a time, upper, middle, lower.

I hope you heal very well and I'm sure you will...I've always heard that when you break a bone it heals to be stronger than it was before.

Much Love!