What if I never firm up???

Options
I run a lot, but my legs still have so much flub on them! Why hasn't the muscle fully emerged itself yet? Are some people just doomed to be soft??? Any advice (or support)??? :sad:

Replies

• stenochick
    stenochick Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I caught a glimpse of myself in a store window as I was jogging past (b/c we all look at our form and critique as we go by) and I was shocked at how jiggly the legs were looking. I can offer no advice as I am a jiggle monster as of now. Maybe some weight training for your legs. Or maybe the pole class will help carve your legs into high-kicking sizzle monsters. Don't give up!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Do you do any other leg exercises? Lunges, squats, etc?

I've always had a bit of jiggle, until lately. In addition to running, I do the EA Sports Active 2 workouts, and assorted videos through netflix streaming. I hate, hate, HATE lunges and squats, but they did good things to me.
  • amandalc980
    amandalc980 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I actually don't do anything else for my legs. :( I will give 30 Day Shred another go around. Maybe thats all I need to tone them up.

I totally look at my reflection whenever I get a chance! I watch my shadow a lot, too. I hate my shadow though, she looks lazy and slow. "HEY SHADOW! Why don't you pick up the pace you lazy reflection of me!"
  • schnarfo
    schnarfo Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    add strength training to your work outs. Lifting weights will really tone you up. You also need to increase protein intake to help build those new muscles :) you cannot tone a muscle only make it bigger or smaller.
  • LadyPersia
    LadyPersia Posts: 1,444 Member
    Options
    These are great tips thank you. Im going to incorporate these into my routine.....I hate lunges and squats but i hate the jiggle more
  • BeautyAndStrength50
    BeautyAndStrength50 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Try the new Ripped N 30 if you have done the 30 day Shred.. Thats what Im doing now and OMG.. She is amazing.. Ive done her first one and loved it lost 20 pounds and this one 10 so far. Im at my goal weight now bu if it wasnt for Jillian I wouldnt be were I am now.. So try it helped my legs and also the Treadmill is AMAZING. :)