Heart Rate Monitor

Options
I just wanted to post that I love my new Heart Rate monitor, and it was a wonderful investment. After reading countless reviews and consumer reports, I bought the Timex Women's Ironman Race Trainer Watch, and I love it. It's not crazy, top of the line, but it's more than a basic heart monitor. I actually realized that I burn a lot more calories than I thought I did because I keep my heart rate up quite high whenever I work out. Retail price is about $150, I got mine on sale for $99 through bestbuy.com. It also allows me to program my workouts, so I can set intervals and target heart range goals. So, depending on the class, I can make the target zone higher or lower - for example, if I take spin, I make the target zone a lot higher than if I take yoga. This is especially beneficial for those people who dastically overestimate their caloric expenditure (which I see quite frequently!) I'm no expert or anything, but I highly recommend one for people who are really serious about staying in their target range to burn fat.

~Jess