Favorite low carb snacks

scubacat
scubacat Posts: 346 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
After an initial 10lb weight loss, I am stuck on a plateau and can not get past 155lbs. I would like to lose another 25-30lbs. I do P90X daily and stay around 1200 calories. For the past month, I have stepped off the scale each time in despair. However, in going through my food diary, I noticed I was going way over on carbs. What are your favorite low carb snacks? I would like to stay within the 165 carbs that MFP allows me. My diet lately has consisted of steamed veggies, grilled fish, and greek yogurt.

Replies

• I think you need more than 1200 calories with P90x. Maybe some P90xers will chime in. But that's my guess......

I don't snack much, but when I do I eat nuts, sugar free oreos, cheese, or protein shakes

Here is a link that may help

http://www.thefitclubnetwork.com/2009/01/p90x-nutrition-plan-made-easy/
  • Beehiveof8
    Beehiveof8 Posts: 85 Member
    natural peanut butter on apples! Yummy!

Grapes

Almonds

Blueberries... dried or fresh

cheese... just be careful of the calories!

hard boiled egg
  • blakgarnet
    blakgarnet Posts: 343
    I've done P90X (not fully, I had to return the disks half way through as they were being loaned to me) and you really need to eat back your exercise calories - I think one of the tips of the day is eat enough! Protein is good since you're building muscle, but your body is probably in starvation mode, so any calories might help you break your plateau.
  • Greek yogurt
    Cheese sticks, such as string cheese
    Sugar-free Jello
    Sunflower seeds
  • angmora
    angmora Posts: 22
    usually when I need a snack I'm desperate. I keep a V-8 in my bag... I drink it before I eat any carbs. As far as carbs go I live in Honduras so I don't have access to a lot of the fancy snacks as I did in the US but I do have special K 90 calorie bars and dried fruit.
  • angmora
    angmora Posts: 22
    usually when I need a snack I'm desperate. I keep a V-8 in my bag... I drink it before I eat any carbs. As far as carbs go I live in Honduras so I don't have access to a lot of the fancy snacks as I did in the US but I do have special K 90 calorie bars and dried fruit.
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    i am doing the p90x and have had to up my calories from 1200 to 1650 as you're not supposed to do it on a deficit
This discussion has been closed.