VINO!!!

Options
I love my wine!!! I seem to have a really hard time not drinking it during the week which always puts me over my calories. I try to calculate it in, but it's hard! Does anyone else have this problem or am I all alone!?

Replies

• TeteDeLaCourse
    Options
    Today was my first day recording my food and WOW! I was surprised by the calories and stuff in a small glass of wine! I think it'll make me lower my wine consumption because I'll be aware of the calories now.
  • leggygal
    leggygal Posts: 1
    Options
    Totally my achilles heel too, but i know if i do some exercise first i can afford a glass or two so that acts as some motivation.I try to have "liver holidays" often - when i forgo entirely that delightful tipple of vino and easilly meet my calorie aims, but it is hard work. Good luck, you are not alone :smile:
  • carlybarley22
    carlybarley22 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    i like my beer. budweiser select 12 oz is only 55 calories!
  • Rockin33
    Rockin33 Posts: 58
    Options
    I too enjoy my wine. And my vodka. Sometimes beer. LOL. I'm not a lush! I enjoy a drink now and then. So far it has sometimes worked out for me and sometimes not. There have been a few times when I have been to dinners and parties and have had several glasses, I go over my points. The next day I try to compensate with less sugars in my diet and a little more exercise.But on the days when I pick up a nice bottle for home I plan my meal around it. Usually less carbs, more protein in that meal and one decent sized glass of 6oz and it has caused no problems. It's not something I am willing to give up. The fact is it will lead to weight loss stall if not accounted for. Lots of sugar. But oh so yummy!
  • CynPierce15
    CynPierce15 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5 ounces (1 glass) of white wine is 120 calories, roughly 25 calories per ounce... I hope that helps
  • lijparsons
    lijparsons Posts: 258
    Options
    I love my wine as well, and since I started this site 6 days ago, I haven't had any. I am afraid to "waste" calories on it. I tell ya though...I'm desperate for a glass or two. I think I'll splurge on the weekend, and then just make sure I go for a good long bike ride with the kids that day. I think if you just don't have it everyday..maybe save it for the weekends if you can, or just once during the week. Just be aware, and work out that day. I guess no one said it would be easy...I feel your pain. :(
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    I like it too, and have decided that I don't have to cut it out - just cut it down. Now I tend to have a wine (or a beer) every few days, instead of one or two each day. I just plan the calories into my day, but if I go over for some reason then I drop it at dinner time which gives me 120 cals to play with.
    If my husband is having a beer after work then I will usually have a glass of soda water with ice and a slice of lemon. It feels like I'm drinking something special (not just water) but doesn't add cals. I should count them though as there is some sodium, but I have to admit I usually don't.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I love my wine...and I try to build in an allowance for it. I try to have 2 days with no booze, 2 days where I dont drink before 9 pm....and I'm still working on the other days!