Slightly OT - Finally getting myself back!

Options
This spring and summer have been sooo stressful and weird I feel like I lost myself. Everything has been so stress-filled and up in the air and I never really know what's going on or going to happen. My 4 year old hasn't been sleeping good - teeth problems (cutting a molar) and my neighbor has been getting drunk and coming home at 2 a.m. frequently - right out side my window. Loudly.

I almost completely lost my sense of humor - I would read posts and laugh hysterically, but couldn't come up with anything to say!! I haven't exercised regularly since spring because I haven't been getting enough sleep. Crazy, crazy. My daughter is sleeping better lately though - if I let her sleep on the couch she will sleep until about 6 a.m. YAY So I'm going to let her do that for a couple of days, weeks, whatever, so she can break the habit of getting up so much at night then we'll move her back to her bed. Whew!!

Anywho - work is still a little stressful, but not a much and I still don't know where I'll be living when school starts - here or at the ranch. And that is 3 weeks from tomorrow. YIKES. But the sleep is helping me soooooooooooo much!! Maybe I'll even be able to start working out regularly and reduce some of the physical symptoms of my stress - and then I'll be nicer to kids and dh. They would :heart: that!!!

Sorry so long but it fees good to be coming back to myself and having more fun with you guys!!! Thanks MFPers - you all are the greatest. Even Fatsis and Ty - even though they left without so much as a goodbye!

Replies

• MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    This spring and summer have been sooo stressful and weird I feel like I lost myself. Everything has been so stress-filled and up in the air and I never really know what's going on or going to happen. My 4 year old hasn't been sleeping good - teeth problems (cutting a molar) and my neighbor has been getting drunk and coming home at 2 a.m. frequently - right out side my window. Loudly.

I almost completely lost my sense of humor - I would read posts and laugh hysterically, but couldn't come up with anything to say!! I haven't exercised regularly since spring because I haven't been getting enough sleep. Crazy, crazy. My daughter is sleeping better lately though - if I let her sleep on the couch she will sleep until about 6 a.m. YAY So I'm going to let her do that for a couple of days, weeks, whatever, so she can break the habit of getting up so much at night then we'll move her back to her bed. Whew!!

Anywho - work is still a little stressful, but not a much and I still don't know where I'll be living when school starts - here or at the ranch. And that is 3 weeks from tomorrow. YIKES. But the sleep is helping me soooooooooooo much!! Maybe I'll even be able to start working out regularly and reduce some of the physical symptoms of my stress - and then I'll be nicer to kids and dh. They would :heart: that!!!

Sorry so long but it fees good to be coming back to myself and having more fun with you guys!!! Thanks MFPers - you all are the greatest. Even Fatsis and Ty - even though they left without so much as a goodbye!
  • time2wrk
    time2wrk Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    Hey, cut yourself some slack - that "no sleep" thing stinks! :yawn: Now you are ready to get back in the saddle! :flowerforyou: Um, as for the neighbor, I have no solutions, sorry. :huh:

Welcome back to the land of the rested!
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    :frown: :flowerforyou: :smooched:
  • sophialittle
    sophialittle Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    i hate feeling awkward like that sometimes too! ick! glad to see you've rejoined us as yourself lol :laugh: welcome back , well even though you never left, but u know what i mean:wink::flowerforyou:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    awwww Kim I'm soooooooo happy you're back playin w/ us again...and that the sleep thing is finally working in your advantage.....believe me you girl I understand....I was known as zombie mom from age 2.5 to 4.5 my son would wake at like 2 am and stay up til like 7am and then I'd have to work in two hours...omg I don't' know how I made it through that time....sleep deprivation is harsh! so hugs and welcome back to the wonderful world of sleep my dear!!!

you're such a sweetie and I think working out regularly will really help w/ the stress of well...life! lol....
    so you get your pretty butt out there....even if you have to just ya know...stir that pot a few times....LMBO

hugs and I'm rooting for you!!!
    Ali :drinker:
  • SoupNazi
    SoupNazi Posts: 4,229 Member
    Options
    My Kim is back!!!loveshower.gif

Glad things are getting back to normal and you are feeling like your sweet, awesome self again.

I've missed you so.:brokenheart:

Big huge, enourmous hug to you, sweetie.

Does that mean you are gonna play with us now, for good?:flowerforyou:
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    Options
    Awwww, gee. Thanks guys!!! :heart: :heart: It feels so good to be back to normal (well, normal for me LOL) I feel so good today I've been puttering all evening getting stuff done, and didn't even pick a fight with dh. Or threaten to divorce him :laugh: Or anything!!! lol. Whew'. Stress is a killer. And no sleep on top of it really sucks!

btw - the neighbor came home drunk at 2:30 one morning a couple of weeks ago and my 4 year old had just crawled into bed with me and wasn't back to sleep yet. They were talking and carrying on and Heidi says "They're really noisy, mom" and I know they heard cuz there was a lull and I said real loud "Yeah, they like to come home drunk and make sure the whole neighborhood hears what they're talking about." LOL - I heard another peep since then!!! We'll see how long it lasts. . . I'll have to remember that line though!

I think I'm going to get my bike out of the garage and put it on the porch tonight so I can ride in the a.m. and not wake kiddos up opening the garage door! Thanks all - have a great night!
  • Manda86
    Manda86 Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options

btw - the neighbor came home drunk at 2:30 one morning a couple of weeks ago and my 4 year old had just crawled into bed with me and wasn't back to sleep yet. They were talking and carrying on and Heidi says "They're really noisy, mom" and I know they heard cuz there was a lull and I said real loud "Yeah, they like to come home drunk and make sure the whole neighborhood hears what they're talking about."

lmao!!

That's hilarious... serves them right!!
  • honeybunchthree
    honeybunchthree Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    That sucks about getting no sleep, I go through sleepless night s :grumble: too when my three year old is cutting teeth. About your drunk neighbor: You have rights and if you are being bothered, exercise them. Most towns and cities have noise ordinances, and you have every right to call your landlord or even the police to make things right. Welcome back.:wink: