Need Support!

Options
Hi Everyone, my name is Kaitie, I'm a 21 year old Marine stationed in California. I've been struggling with weight issues since I was 17 (never realizing I was overweight at all; I was happy with my body, not perfect but I was healthy) and came in the Corps. I work out constantly and for the most part eat pretty decently, just too much. I am blessed with great friends and family; my mom struggles with her weight too and has been my best support in losing weight. My boyfriend and friends love me the way I am and I know they get tired of me putting myself down, but they don't have the weight issues I do. It's hard to control what and how much I eat around them because they don't want me to be so picky, though I have to! Anyone in the same boat? I need encouragement and support from people who know what it's like (dang them skinny people anyway!):tongue:

Replies

• KaitieBug
    KaitieBug Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone, my name is Kaitie, I'm a 21 year old Marine stationed in California. I've been struggling with weight issues since I was 17 (never realizing I was overweight at all; I was happy with my body, not perfect but I was healthy) and came in the Corps. I work out constantly and for the most part eat pretty decently, just too much. I am blessed with great friends and family; my mom struggles with her weight too and has been my best support in losing weight. My boyfriend and friends love me the way I am and I know they get tired of me putting myself down, but they don't have the weight issues I do. It's hard to control what and how much I eat around them because they don't want me to be so picky, though I have to! Anyone in the same boat? I need encouragement and support from people who know what it's like (dang them skinny people anyway!):tongue:
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    I am the broken record....since you work out so much....make sure you are eating those exercise calories. Very important.

You can do this, if your struggle is portion control eat more frequently so you aren't famished when you finally get to eat. You can still eat totally normal foods and still lose weight.
  • FatDancer
    FatDancer Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    Greetings Kaitie! I'm sure you will find this site most helpful and enjoyable...the food dairy is the greatest tool...and the message boards are great...everyone is on the same team.

Its tough when your chow partners can eat anything and not get heavy...it is hard to avoid the temptation...you just have to plan ahead and find the strength to stay on track.

Take care...see you around the message boards!
  • carmenberard
    Options
    I have thesamessues as you, buttrust me there is light at the end of thetunnel- keep at it!!

60601.png