2700 Calories of healthy eating? Solved!

YassSpartan
YassSpartan Posts: 1,195 Member
edited September 26 in Food and Nutrition
A few days ago I posted a topic about how every diet plan I have encounter, from the P90X program I'm about to finish, to weight lifting programs, suggest me that my calorie intake in order to burn fat and gain muscle mass should be from 2800 calories up to 3097 calories a day. For me it was hard to achieve since my diet consist of meals every 3 hours and it kept me full all the time, making it difficult to eat more since I then feel like I'm going to fall and roll LOL. A few of you responded with the same frustration, some others gave me some tips.

The main issue is that if you are going to eat clean and healthy it is EXTREMELY hard to increase calories without eating a lot more. Yeah, a burger would solve the problem about calories, but not when your fats MUST be healthy ones and no more than 20% or so a day.

After deciding to go from 1650 calories a day to 2700 calories a day, I finally managed to design a diet plan that will keep me within 43% protein, 36% carbs and 19% fats approximately. From this table, I'll be able to change any food and get a visible number and know what I need to add or remove for me to create other combinations of meals.

This is what I came up with.

Diet-1.png

Replies

• YassSpartan
    I just noticed the % numbers at the bottom to use as a reference look like I had them before. I need to change that, but it is only as a reference and is not part of any formula.
  • Nomomush
    Nomomush Posts: 582 Member
    Good plan. I'll forward to my husband. He was also having difficulties eating enough to meet his caloric intake. Some have even suggested the same thing---just go to Red Robin and have a burger...well duh. That defeats the purpose of clean food/eating.

Thanks again for the informative post.
  • YassSpartan
    You're welcome :)
This discussion has been closed.