homework-OT

Options
amymeenieminymo
amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
Sorry to bug you, but I've got a homework assignment due and was wondering if anyone would mind taking a short survey (20 questions) to help me out. The survey is about your e-commerce habits and does not ask any overly personal questions about your finances....Your names will NOT be used. The assignment is due Friday (no I didn't procrastinate, it's not a very lengthy assignment) so if you have a minute to take the survey just reply back to this email with your answers, thanks!

E-Commerce
1. How often do you purchase products or services over the internet?
a. Never
b. Two or three times a year
c. At least once a month
d. Several times a month

2. If “never”, why?

3. Name two or three companies from whom you purchase products online?

4. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies from whom you make purchases online?

5. How often do you pay your bills over the internet?
a. Never
c. At least once a month
d. Several times a month

6. If “never” why?

7. Name two or three companies with whom you make online payments?

8. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies with whom you make online payments?

9. How often do you view and/or manipulate banking and credit card information over the internet?
a. Never
c. At least once a month
d. Several times a month

10. If “never” why?

11. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies with which you access online financial information?

12. How often do you double check your bank and credit card statements for accuracy?
a. Never
b. Sometimes
c. Every month

13. How comfortable are you submitting your Social Security number over the Internet?
a. Extremely uncomfortable
b. Uncomfortable
c. Neutral
d. Comfortable
e. Extremely comfortable

14. How comfortable are you submitting your credit card number over the internet?
a. Extremely uncomfortable
b. Uncomfortable
c. Neutral
d. Comfortable
e. Extremely comfortable

15. How regularly do you run spyware removal programs on your personal computers?
a. Never
b. Once a year
c. Several times a year
d. At least monthly

16. What is your age?

17. Do you prefer to old way of paying bills and doing banking (mailing in checks, using a check register, passbook etc) or the new way of paying bills and doing banking (online banking, online bill pay, ATM’s)

18. If you make online purchases, what is the most important factor (i.e. ease of ordering, shipping costs, product).

19. If you use online banking, what about the process do you like the best?

20. If you use online banking, what about the process do you like the least?

Replies

• AngelaLVGJN
    AngelaLVGJN Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    E-Commerce
    d. Several times a month

2. If “never”, why? N/A

3. Name two or three companies from whom you purchase products online? Amazon.com; Barnes and Noble.com

4. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies from whom you make purchases online? None

d. Several times a month

6. If “never” why? N/A

7. Name two or three companies with whom you make online payments? Time Warner, AT&T

8. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies with whom you make online payments? My bank has a data base and you can check them.

9. How often do you view and/or manipulate banking and credit card information over the internet?
    d. Several times a month

10. If “never” why? N/A

11. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies with which you access online financial information? Only access those I have an account with.

12. How often do you double check your bank and credit card statements for accuracy?
    c. Every month

13. How comfortable are you submitting your Social Security number over the Internet?
    d. Comfortable

14. How comfortable are you submitting your credit card number over the internet?
    d. Comfortable

15. How regularly do you run spyware removal programs on your personal computers?
    d. At least monthly

16. What is your age?36

17. Do you prefer to old way of paying bills and doing banking (mailing in checks, using a check register, passbook etc) or the new way of paying bills and doing banking (online banking, online bill pay, ATM’s) New way!

18. If you make online purchases, what is the most important factor (i.e. ease of ordering, shipping costs, product). Ease of ordering and Costs

19. If you use online banking, what about the process do you like the best? No worrying about stamps or envelopes. Online anyhow.

20. If you use online banking, what about the process do you like the least? NOTHING!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Sent answers in PM
  • jppolito
    jppolito Posts: 6
    Options
    E-Commerce
    d. Several times a month

2. If “never”, why?

3. Name two or three companies from whom you purchase products online?
    I pay for my kids school lunches online at MyLuncheMoney.com
    Plus i have have a Zune account and MOG account

4. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies from whom you make purchases online? First I make sure they are using 128 bit encryption. And i do a google search on them to read up on any issues.

d. Several times a month

6. If “never” why?

7. Name two or three companies with whom you make online payments?
    Dish Network, Omaha Public Power, Qwest comunications

8. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies with whom you make online payments? Same as #4

d. Several times a month

10. If “never” why?

11. What steps do you take to check the security of the sites and the legitimacy of the companies with which you access online financial information? Well it is a bank and there are federal regs that they have to follow. I'm not to worried about my back or Credit Card Companies.

c. Every month

d. Comfortable

d. Comfortable

d. At least monthly

16. What is your age? 52

17. Do you prefer to old way of paying bills and doing banking (mailing in checks, using a check register, passbook etc) or the new way of paying bills and doing banking (online banking, online bill pay, ATM’s)
    New Way as i have had my Mail stolen out of my Mailbox.

18. If you make online purchases, what is the most important factor (i.e. ease of ordering, shipping costs, product).
    ease of ordering and shipping costs saves me on gas.

19. If you use online banking, what about the process do you like the best? I really like the bill pay.

20. If you use online banking, what about the process do you like the least? There is any i like the least, i like the fast access to the information from any where i am. I can use the Web or my Droid.