how many lbs = smaller pants?

Options
2»

Replies

• wewon
    wewon Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    I'm a guy, but I expect to drop a pant size about every 15-20 lbs, but per a thread I started yesterday, that isn't the case.

I actually dropped a pants size about 5 lbs earlier than expected.
  • MyNameIsNotBob
    MyNameIsNotBob Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    5'3", and the 12s were a little big on me when I started @ 176-ish pounds. I've lost 16 pounds and the 10s are still a little too snug. I think a couple more pounds and I'll be there. So maybe 18-20 lbs.?
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I've lost a total of 24 pounds, and I went from probably-should-have-been-wearing-size-14-but-just-shopped-for-large-12's to wearing some 8s, some 10s. So, 24 pounds (from 172 to 148), about 2-3 sizes. But one thing I found distressing was that it didn't seem to go in a nice, methodical, "Oh, you've lost 12 pounds, now you're one size smaller" fashion. I was still wearing my 12's until I'd lost about 20 pounds, and then it seemed like suddenly the 12's were totally falling off, and I had to go to 8s or 10s.

V. strange.
  • lyarrow
    lyarrow Posts: 10
    Options
    I started at 235# and size 18 pants, elastic waist band only. Went to 16 when I hit 218# and started wearing pants with zippers. Now at 201#, I'm comfortably wearing a size 14 and love wearing tailored pants again. My goal is 160# and hoping for a size 12 pant. It really will vary depending on where you carry your weight and where you lose it. A friend of mine weighs 160# and wears the same size i do.

Linda
  • kelly6485
    kelly6485 Posts: 78
    Options
    5'2", I am down 24# and 2 sizes!!
  • marielenrdz
    marielenrdz Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    This is a tough one, because sizes vary depending on the design and material. I've recently started wear size 8. Someone told me today that I'm swimming in my size 10 dress slacks. For the hell of it, I bought size 6 (stretch) denim capris and they fit loose!! So, I'm thinking "stretch" makes the size more like a higher regular, i.e. 6 stretch and 8 regular is pretty much the same. I'm 5'2" and 140-143lbs. But, I am exercising so much more, so I'm probably a bit tighter despite my high weight for the size. I believe I started at 191lbs, wearing size 16.