Drinking at least 8 glasses of water per day burns...

Options

Replies

• Tuffjourney
    Tuffjourney Posts: 971
    Options
    The act of drinking? The lifting of the glass to my lips? Or is it the constant trips to the potty. I could see burning 75 extra calories a day just from walking to the bathroom so many times :wink:

Oh ya, I so agree...... all day long:grumble:
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I get confused on what's considered a 'glass' of water. Is 8 glasses considered 8 of those 16oz water bottles? Guess I'm looking for an exact # in volume.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Did he explain how or why that is?? That what i am curious about
  • tbelivea
    tbelivea Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I consider one glass to be 1 cup or 250ml or 8.5oz.
  • anulle2009
    Options
    Sometimes I get confused on what's considered a 'glass' of water. Is 8 glasses considered 8 of those 16oz water bottles? Guess I'm looking for an exact # in volume.
    8 ounces i believe is considered a "glass" of water. so a 16oz bottle you got 2 or your 8 down!
  • ninpiggy
    ninpiggy Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to work harder at getting in the 8 glasses of water per day.. Most days i am able to get in 4 glasses, but 8 is sort of hard.

I am the same way. I can barely get down four, I'm trying hard to get down 8 but I haven't made it yet. :)

Glacaeau Smart Water comes in 33.8 fl oz bottles. I drink two of them and the problem is solved. :) Buying bottles can be expensive but if you get used to drinking that volume of water, it gets much easier to do it without the bottles to guide you. At least it works for me.
  • anulle2009
    Options
    I'm going to have to work harder at getting in the 8 glasses of water per day.. Most days i am able to get in 4 glasses, but 8 is sort of hard.

I am the same way. I can barely get down four, I'm trying hard to get down 8 but I haven't made it yet. :)

Glacaeau Smart Water comes in 33.8 fl oz bottles. I drink two of them and the problem is solved. :) Buying bottles can be expensive but if you get used to drinking that volume of water, it gets much easier to do it without the bottles to guide you. At least it works for me.

I buy a liter of water and that helps me. I will reuse the bottle a few times so im not buying them ALLL the time
  • rachel_onamission
    Options
    REALLY!!??? Wow I didnt know that!! :) Thanks for sharing! I try to do 8 glasses of water a day but I find it hard to do..guess I will push myself a little harder!
  • olyrose
    olyrose Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I think I've seen that drinking cold water burns more calories because your body has to adjust the temperature or something? And maybe it helps speed your metabolism? Can't quite remember...
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    This is def. interesting. I drink two 32 oz water bottles a day and when I first started, i seriously considered moving into the bathroom for awhile because I was in there so much.

As anyone else noticed that the more water they drink, the more they sweat? I used to hardly sweat at the gym and now I'm like dripping every time.
  • ShrinkinMel
    ShrinkinMel Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    cold showers supposedly burn a lot too because it takes energy to warm your body back up.
  • purplebtrfly187
    Options
    This is def. interesting. I drink two 32 oz water bottles a day and when I first started, i seriously considered moving into the bathroom for awhile because I was in there so much.

As anyone else noticed that the more water they drink, the more they sweat? I used to hardly sweat at the gym and now I'm like dripping every time.

I started working out in March 2011, and started drinking half my body weight in water a day, which is recommended especially if you're active. But yes, since I started drinking water more I have started to sweat a lot. I thought that was just me.
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    You really should drink more then just eight glasses of water a day that is the bare min. you should consume!!! I drink a gallon and some days over a gallon
  • jfinnivan
    jfinnivan Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    That settles it. The next bathroom remod is going to be an outhouse a half mile from the house. Think of the calories I'll burn every time I have to go! genious! :-)
  • wjkirby
    wjkirby Posts: 120
    Options
    500 calories per day x 7 days = 3500 calories which is suppose to equal a pound of weight loss.

Sorry, misread the post. 500 per week. So I guess it would take 7 weeks to lose a pound.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Did they site any actual medical evidence or just randomly throw that unfounded piece of information out there. Are they actually saying that the act of drinking and your body processing 8 glasses of water burns 500 calories? So that would be in addition to what your body naturally burns just by living. If that were true, then drinking 16 glasses would logically burn 1000 extra calories. If only it were that easy.
  • star139
    star139 Posts: 134
    Options
    I have such a hard time drinking water , I just never seem thirsty , sometimes I try to drink but it is if my body just dosen,t want it :( don't know what to do

I HATE drinking water! I never feel thirsty either and it seems like a chore to chug it down. My drink is to fill my Nalgene up. I try to drink 3 of them during the work day, and I'll put a crystal light mix in one of them just to mix it up. One before lunch, one during lunch, and one before I leave to go home. That way, by the end of the work day I've already had 72 ounces. :drinker:
  • melinda6569
    melinda6569 Posts: 124
    Options
    I drink my weight in water everyday :)..i go pee every hour! even at work and the middle of the night..I am a peeing fool
  • marniehodges
    marniehodges Posts: 264
    Options
    Wow! I'm now super excited I down at least 14-16 glasses a day! :drinker: <
    chugging as we speak!
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    I must burn quite a bit then as just today I had 25 glasses, not even counting the other 3 I'll have through the night haha.
    WOW 25 glasses thats amazing you must live on the loo :tongue: