Same weight as 2 weeks ago. Frustrated!!!

chelsealjames
chelsealjames Posts: 92 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Someone please tell me what I am doing wrong! I have been doing awesome from what I thought. Eating my exercise cals, intense workouts leaving me sore, and trying to eat raw when i can!! I am STILL the same weight as I was 2-3 weeks ago!! I am soo frustrated and just want to see some results from all my hard work!

Replies

• abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Maybe you're losing fat but gaining muscle :)
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Measure yourself. In 2 weeks I lost 5 lbs of fat and gained 5 lbs of muscle.
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    I see that you only joined a couple of weeks ago?
    If exercising,and raw eating,etc are new to you sometimes it takes a few weeks for your body to adjust to the changes-even up to six weeks.
    Make sure you are watching your water and sodium intake (perhaps you have lost a pound or two,but you are retaining water and not getting your true weight)
    Are you consistent with your weigh ins ( time of day,amount of clothing on)
    Try measuring,perhaps since you said you are being left sore you are gaining muscle as you are losing fat,it might take a few weeks for the fat loss to surpass the muscle gain.
    Good luck,and don't give up!
  • kamberly
    kamberly Posts: 3
    I'm in the same boat :( I have no idea what to do either.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Try upping your calories. There's a million ways you can do this- all at once, gradually, cycling etc.

Just for example of what has been working for me- I've been having some trouble getting the last 15 or so lbs off, so Ive been increasing my cals (about 50 per week) until I get to 1350/1400 and then dropping to 1250. Get your body used to higher cals then drop them and build back up. Keeps your body on its toes, helps you avoid any symptoms of starvation mode.
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    That happened my first 2 weeks or so. Then within the last week and a half I've lost 4ish pounds. Your body needs time to adjust to the new routine. I got really frustrated because the scale didn't move for weeks, then all of a sudden it was dropping every other day or so by half a pound. Give it time :) and make sure you drink lots of water! it helps weight loss
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    Measure yourself. In 2 weeks I lost 5 lbs of fat and gained 5 lbs of muscle.

Haha gained 5 lbs of muscle?

Its it difficult to gain muscle on a calorie deficit. Even body builders only put on 3/4 a pound of muscle a week while bulking. It takes many people a year to put on 7 lbs of muscle :p

to the OP:

I doubt you are putting on muscle, and I am guessing it is water retention. can be water retention in your muscles or from too much sodium. Also if you are close to you goal weight then its time to starting eating clean. fixing the diet is the best thing you can do. Make sure you are weighing everything out too, you might be under estimating you calories

Dont become a slave to the scale! :]
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Well you are not losing weight you are gaining more muscle! As people have said. Don't eat all your calories back from working out! Aim to eat half of it back! There are so many opinions on what you should do- focus on getting your protein back with low calories. You don't have to eat them all back! If you burn 300 aim to hit 150 back. Just really make sure that you atleast have the minimum daily allotment! it will help!!!

Not sure this will help! Keep going.....on google....look up the theoies of eatting back exercise calories! there is a lot of different opnions! You have to find what is best for your body type! We are all so different!!!!
  • aeckels616
    aeckels616 Posts: 210 Member
    There could be a million reasons for this, all perfectly normal.

For one thing, are you new to exercising? When I first joined, I actually GAINED weight at first, because my body wasn't used to the exercising. My muscles were (apparently) storing water, which subsided after a couple of weeks and I started seeing the pounds drop. Also, make sure to watch your sodium intake to be sure you're not storing excess water.
  • jsteras
    jsteras Posts: 344 Member
    Looking at your food diary I would say you aren't eating enough.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Chelsea, it took 2 weeks of my new routine to start losing weight as well.

GG
  • lesliekae
    lesliekae Posts: 57 Member
    I had the same problem when I first started. It took three weeks before I lost anything. When I did I lost like 4 pounds in one week and now I seem to be at a stand still again. I think my body is adjusting. To keep myself motivated I made a fitness ticker and I log all of my exercise. It feels just as good as stepping on the scale and seeing a pound or two lost. Try not to focus on the weight and more on the fitness and it should keep you feeling proud and motivated. Everyone will lose differently but if you are exercising and eating good then you will lose. Taking measurements also will often show a change when the scale doesn't. I haven't really done that but I have been wearing a HRM chest strap when I exercise and I have had to tighten it two times now. So I know that my measurements are changing. You should also be able to feel it in your clothes. I know my jeans fit better now when I pull them out of the dryer than they did before I began.
  • chelsealjames
    thanks for the replies everyone!! i have ALWAYS been active and generally have eaten healthy all my life. so my body is not new to exercise or healthy eating. i used to weigh 110 lbs, and thats what i'd really like to get down to. i gained the weight my 3rd year in college due to being 21, a bartender, and a party girl. now i'm in nursing school, so i don't have time for all that, but i always ate healthy and exercised
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    This is really normal actually. You said your exercise is leaving you sore - that means that you are working out at a level that breaks down the muscles a bit (not a bad thing - it's part of the process) and causes the muscles to retain extra fluid to aid the healing process. Sometimes people even see themselves gain a pound or two in this stage. It's incredibly frustrating, but it's normal and doesn't mean you aren't burning fat. You'll most likely see a sudden drop in a few weeks. So long as you eat the right proportion of calories, keep your diet balanced and get the exercise you will lose weight over time. My whole weight loss process has been like this so far - nothing, nothing, gain a little, big drop in weight. Rinse. Repeat.

This is one reason it's good to track other measures of health along with weight. Do you feel stronger? Is your breathing getting better when you do cardio? Are your energy levels going up? Do your clothes fit better? Those are all indications that you're on the right track. :)
  • chelsealjames
    my clothes still fit the same at this point :(
  • Naomi91
    Naomi91 Posts: 892 Member
    my clothes still fit the same at this point :(

You are exactly the same height and weight as me! the last 10lbs are tough D:
  • bwalke03
    bwalke03 Posts: 1
    The same thing happened to me. I tried this in November/ December on my iPod. I was eating fewer calories and exercising and everyday it told me I should be losing weight and could basically make my goal weight in like 6 weeks. But when I weighed myself after the first week I gained .5 lb and the next week I had gained two. I got so angry that I stopped using it. I've picked it up again as a way to monitor what I'm eating, especially being up at college where junk food is rampant, and if I'm exercising enough to actually lose weight. From what I've read it sounds like I am not the only one who has that problem and from what others have said on here it gives me hope that the weight will come off.
  • Shawnalee0703
    Shawnalee0703 Posts: 1,093
    It's only been 2 weeks! Give it a chance! This is not a miracle site. Keep moving eat clean and drink lots of water. If your body is NEW to working out, likely it is retaining water trying to recover....

Stick to it, this process is not supposed to be over night. If you are only a small bit overweight it could take longer for your body to drop it because it is not as much of a burden as someone who is carrying 50 or 100 extra pounds. I am down to my last 15-20of so far 68 lbs and the last 20 has been the hardest yet!!!! Because my body is holding it. You just have to keep trying and eat well!
This discussion has been closed.