What is the BEST way to lose weight????

Options
Im just wondering what has worked best for everyone else, I know we are all different but it doesnt hurt to hear the success stories of others & maybe try them out for myself so I can find what works for me. Im down 8lbs but im shooting for 32 more lbs by Christmas =)

Replies

• BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    A balanced diet with adequate calories and nutrients and exercise.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Eat well and exercise.
  • SixWeeksToSkinnyJeans
    Options
    Track. Track. Track... your food and exercise. Eat low GI foods, stay away from the alcohol and drink plenty of water.
    @ Acotta
  • Perfectlycrooked
    Perfectlycrooked Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Eat more foods that come from the earth instead of boxes! (:
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eatting and eatting the right things....find a good balance between all the recommendations!
    It does work....its slow and steady that wins the race!
  • funkyspunky871
    funkyspunky871 Posts: 1,675 Member
    Options
    Just follow MFP's recommendations. It's as simple as that. Use your calories on whatever you like, but keep in mind that healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, lean meats, and whole grains will keep you fuller longer.... And, yet, chocolate and chips and pizza are perfectly fine too since a calorie is a calorie. :) So, don't deprive yourself of anything, or you'll be tempted to binge. And speaking of deprivation, don't even bother with low carb, low fat, low whatever diets. That's definitely not natural; I don't see why anybody can't just eat a balanced amount of micronutrients. Jeez.
  • mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    Eat good food and exercise- also, watch the sodium and drink lots of water!!:drinker:
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    Eat more foods that come from the earth instead of boxes! (:

Yup - eating CLEAN. Stay away from processed. Keep your sugar low, your protein and fiber high! Drink lots of water. NEVER drink soda.

Lift HEAVY weights (yup, ladies too).

High Intensity Interval Training. Just say no to steady-state cardio. :noway:

We all have parties and special occasions and "oopsies" moments. Junk needs to be less than 10% of your diet.
  • EKarma
    EKarma Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    A balanced diet with adequate calories and nutrients and exercise.

agreed!
  • mnebres
    mnebres Posts: 3
    Options
    I lost weight by exercising 5 to 7 days a week for 35 to 40 minutes.
    I eat 6 small meals a day, and I try not to go over my daily caloric intake (but it's hard sometimes!).
    It took me about 6 months to lose 20 pounds.
  • Run4iiiiiit
    Run4iiiiiit Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone. This site helps, too. Logging your food is key. I was shocked to see the amount of calories in the foods I was eating. As far as excercise, I run.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    When I began losing weight almost five years ago, my doctor sent me to a dietician. She gave me these three tips:
    1. Write down everything you eat. At the time, I wrote down what I ate in a small notebook. I also wrote down my weight on a daily basis, as well as my "carbs."
    2. As far as "carbs" are concerned, the dietician said to keep my total "carb" intake to under 15 per day. In her world (and now mine), 15 grams of carbohydrates = 1 "carb" when you are reading food labels.
    3. Watch portion sizes.....so I bought a kitchen scale to help with this.

These tips, plus WALKING, WALKING, WALKING helped me take and keep off over 60 pounds. I initially lost 72, gained 20, have lost 10 of that, and would like to lose about five more. At 125 (my lowest weight), I was probably too thin. I am now bouncing between 135-140, and would like to range between 130-135. In all honestly, though, I'm a happy girl anytime the scale is less than 140 (and this is a relatively new development).

Good luck....eat sensibly....make good choices in what you eat....and get moving. :smile:

Kaye