Work Out like you've reached your goal!!!

When I first entered the work force everyone always said "Dress for the job you want, not for the job you have".

Today, as I was literally peddling my *kitten* off on the stationary bike I realized that even once I hit my goal weight I will still need to exercise to maintain my weight. I started thinking the phrase and the title of this topic "work out like you've reached your goal".

I started thinking of the exercises I would be able to do when I am 119 lbs lighter... How much more energy I would have and it made me work and sweat harder. I also decided on the spot that I would work out as often as I will once I reach my goal weight. I found that thinking that way gave me a burst of energy within and I started to work out like I was a skinny girl... It was almost funny.

I wanted to share this revelation with all of you.... and hope you all WORK OUT LIKE YOU'VE REACHED YOUR GOAL!!!!!!!

Replies

• tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    When I first entered the work force everyone always said "Dress for the job you want, not for the job you have".

Today, as I was literally peddling my *kitten* off on the stationary bike I realized that even once I hit my goal weight I will still need to exercise to maintain my weight. I started thinking the phrase and the title of this topic "work out like you've reached your goal".

I started thinking of the exercises I would be able to do when I am 119 lbs lighter... How much more energy I would have and it made me work and sweat harder. I also decided on the spot that I would work out as often as I will once I reach my goal weight. I found that thinking that way gave me a burst of energy within and I started to work out like I was a skinny girl... It was almost funny.

I wanted to share this revelation with all of you.... and hope you all WORK OUT LIKE YOU'VE REACHED YOUR GOAL!!!!!!!
  • MontanaGirl
    MontanaGirl Posts: 1,251 Member
    That is awesome!!! What an insight. Thanks for sharing :flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Good advice but....

Trying to "work out like I've reached my goal" is what got me almost to point of fainting today. Sometimes, I need to stop and remember, I'm not "healthy" yet and not try to push things past what is safe and healthy for me at the weight I am right now.
  • tall_t
    tall_t Posts: 251
    Good advice but....

Trying to "work out like I've reached my goal" is what got me almost to point of fainting today. Sometimes, I need to stop and remember, I'm not "healthy" yet and not try to push things past what is safe and healthy for me at the weight I am right now.

Of course I don't mean to work out to the point of exhaustion...:laugh: I meant to work out for the body you want, not the one you have.... like do the types of things (at your intensity level) that you will want to do once you get the body you want...

That's all.

:flowerforyou:
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    {sigh} Oh the things I will be able to do then! It's hard to conceive of--I've been overweight for so long I don't remember what it was like to be "normal" size really.