How do you stay focused on weekends??

Options
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to stay focused on the weekends? I do very good counting my calories on during the week and when the weekends come I give in to any and everything and i hardly ever track calories and this starts on Friday and goes on until Monday morning. I end up feeling like a blew everything I worked so hard on during the week. HELP!

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    You just have to make the same mindful choices that you do during the week. Same with working out on the weekends. You have to think about what you are or aren't going to do. You can't just mindlessly eat, because that's how you gain weight and feel crappy come Monday. Indulging a little won't hurt you much, but you need to pick and choose what you eat.
  • casi_ann
    casi_ann Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Weekends tends to be the hardest for me too. But, so far i've been able to stay in my calories and not eat more than my calories by staying on schedule and keeping myself busy.
  • noexcuses1218
    noexcuses1218 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    I've just started weighing on Monday mornings. That way, the consequences of the choices I make are quickly visible. Depressing sometimes, but that's why I do it.
  • Brookiecookie6
    Brookiecookie6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I make my weigh in days for Mondays, because when I would weigh in on a Thursday or Friday then I would blow my weekends and it seemed like I was just making up for each weekend and not really losing long term. So for me weighing in on Monday made me take the weekends more serious!! Good Luck and if you figure something out that works let me know too!!
  • krixi
    krixi Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I hate weekends (well, i love them, but calorie-wise I hate them!). I seem to somehow lose all willpower during the weekend! This weekend will be different, I`m sticking to my calorie allotment, and I`ll be inspired to do it the next weekend and the weekend after (etc) once I see that it has an effect on my weightloss.
  • kpak73
    kpak73 Posts: 6
    Options
    I go spinning on weekends to keep me in check. And I use the itouch app for myfitnesspal so it's very portable. Try to avoid parties and going out to eat...that's killer!!
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Try to give yourself small indulgences during the week so you don't crave and go crazy on the weekend. Work on gettin Balance!
  • missyjmet
    missyjmet Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    plan, plan, plan! i make my meals for the rest of the week on Sundays, so i have all meals planned, bought, and some already prepared by Monday. I then eat according to my weekly planned menu, and stick to it. It not only saves me money, i also don't have to come home and wonder what's for dinner!
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    I also weigh in on Mondays!
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I agree with planning. I cook several batches of oats at once, items ready to go including measuring out snacks and making sure I have healthier snacks available.
  • pinkgigi
    pinkgigi Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I have found this a big challenge too. So, I started to think what alternatives I had and what I could do differently, and then planned around it. It's no good thinking: "I'm going to make a salad for lunch like I do during the week", if you always have lunch out on Saturday. Think: "What can I have at my favourite cafe that would fit in with the plan". I used to eat way too many carbs, but now am more mindful, but let myself up the calories a little bit because I get more exercise on the weekends, too.

GG
  • aflane
    aflane Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I find that I can keep the right mindset by starting each weekend day at the gym. I get my workouts out of the way, and since I already worked out, I don't want to ruin it with bad food.
  • lil_missfit
    lil_missfit Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    Allow yourself a cheat meal one weekend day:)) Plan your weekend meals and activities by Thursday so you wont be thrown off. Make those meals super good so you feel like you are getting something special those days:)) For instance...make a special fruit desert or a meal you wouldnt normally do during the week but is still healthy (i.e. healthy pizza, tacos, burgers, strawberries with sweetner or dipped in a smidge of dark chocolate. etc.) Have something to look forward too:)) Remember...PLAN!! If you fail to plan then you plan to fail:)) Helps me:))
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    i make sure i log everything. it makes me more conscious of whatever i eat.
  • vanasia
    vanasia Posts: 1
    Options
    I find it really hard to stay focused on the weekends too! I am proud to say that I was able to stay with in my calories and fit in exercise this weekend because I made a concious desicion to treat it like the rest of the week. I usually see the weekend as "time off" so I don't do very well tracking my food and have so many things to do that exercise goes out the window. Fitting my work out in at the start of the day helped me eat better through out the day and was not forgotten by doing so. It is hard to do, but as long as we don't totally take a break from our routine on the weekends we can reach our goal. Good luck and keep up the great work.
  • kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    It's all about mindset. Yes, weekends can be tougher. I think they typically aren't as structured as weekdays. So, plan ahead. If you know what you're going to be doing, preplan your food. Think about what's more important- that drink/high calorie food or a better number on the scale. Sometimes the drink/food is more important- that's ok. But make it a mindful choice.

As the Nike ad says: "Just do it."
  • raven1114
    raven1114 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    actually for me weekends are basically no different. i log everything i eat and exercise the same on weekends as i do the rest of the week.