Job problems -VENT -RANT

Options
Ever since i have been back from maternity leave which was 11/08 to 3/09 i feel like a total outsider at work. Not that I even care that much but before when I would get mad at people I still like the people so I felt it easier to be nice to them...Now I dislike them all. They are lazy and dump all their work on me and then yell at me for just insane things...because they think it will just roll off of me. I think MFP is making me stronger, because last week I stood up for myself and told my boss I did too, she was actually proud of me...cuz i am always the NICE GAL.. Then today i went off too...this one girl who i always have her back and people are always picking on her ...she totally screamed at me today for being loud on the phone...I am doing work and she is at her desk listening to a book on her Ipod and i am being loud ~ i really want to just scream... oh i was extra annoying about everything i did for the rest of the day... i am so sick of the BS seriously ...pulheez

need sympathy posts pleez!!! :embarassed: :frown: :sick: :sad:

Replies

• Natalie0506
    Natalie0506 Posts: 163
    Options
    *hugs* Your post makes me greatful that I don't need to work. I'm sorry that you have to deal with that!
  • TheNewDanielle
    Options
    Sounds like a rough day! But glad you're getting stronger and standing up for yourself! Kudos! I hope it starts to work on others around you and they lay off you about stupid stuff! Good luck!
  • ninyagwa
    ninyagwa Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I don't think you need sympathy, I think you deserve a huge pat on the back for standing up for yourself! I respect people who take a stand when they know they are being stepped on.

It's time to stand up and shake out the doormat you've had on your back and tell people to step off!

I hope they got the hint today, and are more respectful of you in the future.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I hear ya! I'm glad you stood up for yourself, keep on doing that (especially since your boss seems to be supportive) and hopefully people will stop trying to push you around. I know it's hard to roll with the punches sometimes. Maybe a quick walk or bath and a cup of tea will help calm you down! Deep breaths!
  • jennro7781
    jennro7781 Posts: 208
    Options
    Great job standing up for yourself!!! Isn't great when we tap into an unknown strength??! :)
  • feelingalone
    Options
    You GO girl!!! I work as a 911 dispatcher and I get treated the same way. The Sheriff has been having ME assist the Administrative lady do her job because I always kiss A$S and go out of my way to help others, but when I am in need, they turn their head as if I never said anything.
    I have a surgical situation to deal with in the morning and my supervisor thinks I can drive 3 hours one way to the hospital, do my procedure, come home and then be to work at midnight tomorrow night. What a crock. So I told her I wasn't gonna be there and it is taking 3 people to cover my shift tomorrow night. I'm glad I am only gone for 1 shift and not 6 weeks!
    Hang in there!!!! Things WILL look up soon.
  • janna674
    janna674 Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    SOOOOOO.....

went in this morning and someone must have ratted out everyone in the office first thing in the morning...i am in the bathroom and my boss says meet me in the conference room...she tells me in there that she wants to know what happened, so i told her i just got off a call and I may have been loud, but that is just me and she knows that...and how I got screamed at...and how I was upset with the girl becasue I always stick up for her ...so my boss actually heard the whole thing go down ...my boss then somehow knows how a couple other people had been screwing off later that day after she had left for the day...but how does she know this ...RAT RAT...i would never rat another coworker out...WTH! so we have a meeting to tell everyone they have to start answering the phone when its ringing more than 2 times so now everyone hates me ...trying not to let it bother me but at least I am not a rat...they all think i am one but I am not so HA!