Is subway bad?

2»

Replies

• getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    P.s. eating only a six inch is the best option or their wraps/salads
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    You Do know that the NUTRITIONAL information on Subway Is on their website. Just go there and you can decide for yourself if it fits your nutritional goals. No one can tell you what your goals are and how to, or not to meet them. It's FAST FOOD.
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    I would say no cheez no sauce

That is how I order...but 6" The sodium is high though.

2639362.png
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    The sodium is horrific at subway. Unless you are eating a veggie sub with no sauces and the bread filling removed you are basically eating a block of salt. You would think you are safe with a 6"...NOT. LOL
  • cjbnc
    cjbnc Posts: 32
    The sauce probably isn't great for you. Try getting the flat bread as well. It has less carbs than even the whole grain bread

6in wheat = 210 cals, 2g fat, 42g carb - 4g fiber
    flatbread = 230 cals, 4.5g fat, 38g carb - 2g fiber

I'd call it even, or take the higher fiber lower fat, personally.
  • Back several years ago (before getting pregnant with #2) I lost 50 lbs. Subway was my fast food option that didn't send me completely off track.

I do a 6" turkey, no cheese most of the time, with lettuce, onion and a TON of cukes and some Low Fat Sweet Onion drssing. It's so crunchy and has a lean protein in there. No the bread isn't great but it's better than McD's or BK greasy stuff when you are on the run.

Oh and BTW...I also ask them to put the dressing on the side so I can control how much goes on.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Personally, I don't consider any food "bad", but Subway leads you to believe everything on the menu is healthy, which is untrue. I'd have the sandwich, but make it a 6 inch on whole grain and avoid the chips. I've lost 50 lbs total, and the way I did it was by watching portion size, not vilifying any particular food or restaurant.
    I think you also have to know your own food triggers. If I overdo it on the the bread, I can get carb crazy, so I limit bread, especially in the evenings, so I don't snack all night. Hope this helped :)
  • Bridgetc140
    Bridgetc140 Posts: 405 Member
    We don't do fast food often, but when I do go to Subway, I get the oven roasted chicken on 9-grain wheat, no cheese with lettuce and tomatoes and a little fat free sweet onion sauce. Only around 300 calories, but with high sodium of course...it's hard to avoid in your own home and impossible to avoid while eating out. For this reason, I make most meals from scratch!
This discussion has been closed.