suggest a workout video

Options
i have been walking and jogging outside and am thinking about getting a workout video for those days i can't get outside. was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a starter video. i prefer not to spend an extreme amount of money until i have a chance to see if i like working out to videos.

Replies

• dekarlo08
    dekarlo08 Posts: 102
    Options
    Unfortunately everything costs money. Try ebay for some videos. I do Turbo Fire but it's not cheap.
  • tmontgomery69
    Options
    Here's 2 "free" workout websites that have a lot of different workouts.

www.liveexercise.com

www.fitstudio.com
  • hroush
    hroush Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    I've heard hulu has good workout videos, but you have forced water breaks (commercials). Last weekend I was at Walgreens and they had a P90X wanna-be for $20.
  • marraruth
    Options
    See what videos your local library has to offer. Borrowing should be free or pretty darn close! I think I have 4 different videos checked out right now. Some I like, some I hate, some I get bored with quickly. It's a great way to "try before you buy."
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    thanks ill check those sites out. . . . . . . . . . . . and yes i know everything cost money i just didn't want to spend hundreds of dollars i had looked at some of julian's videos new was a Lil curious about them
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    The 30 days Shred with Jillian Michaels. It has 3 levels and has two gal to watch., one doing more difficult moves.
    It cost about 10 bucks and you need 3 pound weights also.

I have been doing this since Jan 1st.

2639362.png
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    If you have cable TV, check to see what's available in the "Free Zone" through On Demand. I have Cox Communications and there are many different workouts available (cardio, walking, yoga, etc) at no charge. This is a great way to "try before you buy."

Good luck!
  • nkfowler74
    nkfowler74 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I would say Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred or Walk Away the Pounds with Leslie Sansone. Two of my faves and inexpensive dvds.
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    thanks marraruth that's a great idea!
  • dietcokeplease
    dietcokeplease Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    The Bar Method: Change Your Body Workout. Best investment ever!
  • jbqueen
    jbqueen Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I recommend the 30 day shred, too, but I just got her "Ripped in 30" and I think it's even better than 30DS! Only $10 on Amazon.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    I have the 30 day shred and really like it. I like that there are 3 levels. You can really feel yourself getting better at it the more you do it. I do level 2 most of the time, but do level 3 sometimes too. (I was on level 1 when I started.) I want to get the Ripped in 30. I didn't see it at Walmart here so I'm going to order it. I did get the Jillian Yoga meltdown yesterday and tried it. I don't know, I guess I prefer more jumping around in the 30 day shred. I started the yoga and did part of it and then went back and did level 3 of the 30 day shred instead.
    I really like Jillian though. She tells it like it is and that's what is needed sometimes! ha After a while when you get used to the routines, you can mute it and play music instead. The faster the music the more in the mood you get!

Oh I wanted to say that I believe I saw level 2 on youtube if you want to see what it's like (30 day shred).