Something Creative and Original

Options
Being not a newbie but a two-daybie, I decided I should introduce myself and share a thought.

I sculpt, hence my username.

I also enjoy a wide variety of other activities but there's one thing I want to throw out as a recent discovery for myself regarding my eating habits.

I was eating to pacify myself and when I quit a bad job and went back to school to feed my mind, I immediately started losing weight after having conversations with my doc for months about cholesterol and weight. I wasn't even trying at that point. I was just so engrossed in the studies that I didn't feel the need to eat so much. It was actually the opposite of what I expected at first since the lack of a rigid schedule as a teacher seemed to open me up to more eating, not less.

It was the love of my activity which is keeping me from grazing. My recommendation now: do something you love. It will be good for your health and soul.

a'best

Replies

• merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Good advice. Thank you. :)
  • Escultor
    Escultor Posts: 64
    Options
    Heya, Meri.

Cheers. I appreciate your response - for noticing and taking time. It makes a difference in self worth. One thing I recently told my son is that when we have a reason to make a positive impact for someone we should do since ours may be the only positive thing they hear that day.

Reiterating it now makes me realise I could do it more often than I do and that I benefit from the same, even if it's not the only positive comment of the day.

Not exactly a random act of kindness, but positivity with a purpose.
  • velvetpassion
    Options
    hello. my name is cindy. I am a serious eater. i love to go out and enjoy a full meal with good conversation, a good time with my love and then maybe a good movie with a ton of pop corn...and you know ..since i AM on a diet i'll have diet soda! sheesh. so ..oh and the popcorn ...heavy on the butter please. yes so, i am in love, and wanting to get healthy and thin and be able to go hiking and dancing and all the things my 250lb body cant do at the moment. so i have to sacrifice a few things...eating til i feel as though im going to burst is one, and mounds of buttery popcorn greasing up my fingers is another. and exercize! OMG!!! i hate it. absolutely hate getting off my butt and moving cause i am so comfy in my jammies and lazing on the couch watching tv. so... i guess i am in it for the long haul cause i have nothing else i need to do but to get healthy and to start feeling better about me!
    so this is me...just a couch tator looking for improvement. best part is my love is going to help me by working along side of me losing his bulk too!
  • Chikeebabe
    Chikeebabe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Esculator ~
    You are wise beyond words and have motivated me to practice my guitar tonight instead of sitting on the couch.
    THANK YOU!
  • onemoretogo
    Options
    I'm new as of yesterday and man, I had no idea how many calories are in one Oreo Cakester! Gross! I'm completely new to letting others know I'm trying to lose weight, and so this feels like a big step for me.

Good luck everyone!
  • Escultor
    Options
    I don't know if this will go directly under each individual's post but I'm trying it that way to begin.

Cindy, A wonderful pleasure to meet you. As I read your description of life and enjoyment, I wondered if since you really love living if it would be easier to do the exercise you're wanting (though avoiding) by finding a way to make it a source of joy and beauty. If I were only doing a treadmill I couldn't force myself to ever start. Fortunately, I can go out and walk in a beautiful area. The two pics I've posted are where I exercise. It makes it easier. Good luck and let me know if that would work.

all the best
  • Escultor
    Options
    Chikeebabe - that rocks! I hope at some point you share your playing with the community here. Do you post on YouTube or Vimeo or any of the other vid sharing channels? I love music though I don't play. That makes it a more mystical experience, a mystery I am not a part of. Play some Eddie Van Halen for me. Or if you're a bit younger, Jack White of the (now defunct) White Stripes. What a guitarist. Look up the opening sequence (title credits) of the film It Might Get Loud. Genius. Weird, but genius.

Onemoretogo, as a teacher, of course, I have to say "Knowledge is power." but isn't that the way we make changes? Once we realise what we're doing and how much we benefit by making different decisions it becomes more important to us. I intend to become a snowball of success. If that's too cliché I'll put it differently.

I'm a parabolic equation of success that's going.... to ....do..... something? No, that doesn't work very well, does it?
  • Chikeebabe
    Chikeebabe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Esculator, your a hoot & a half!

I don't have any video's on line. My band had one up a year ago, but it's no longer functioning - not sure why. If I ever post any more I'll let you know. I only started playing about two 1/2 years ago, so I am nowhere near the Eddie Van Halen stage. But I appreciate your optimism. In my mind when I play I'm at Madison Square Garden in front of thousands! :love:

And OMG - I have seen It Might Get Loud. When Jack White made the guitar with a 2x4, coke bottle, some strings, a pick up and a couple nails?? I almost fell off the couch. Absolute genius!

LOVE IT!
  • Escultor
    Options
    I look forward to hearing your music.

I struggled to like the White Stripes but as I learn more about Jack, I have been more and more impressed. I do like the new album he did with the queen of rockabilly ... Wanda Jackson. She's something like 75 years old. He produced a CD with her recently and it sounds great!