Calorie count and recipes

Options
Hello everybody!!!

Does anybody else have issues with eating all there calories for the day? Im usually low between 100-400... Do you eat regardless hungry or not? or what if its to late to eat? I work a funky schedule so Its hard for me to keep a set time to eat .

My next questions is what do you eat? whats a good breakfast lunch and dinner? any websites for recipes or does any one have good tips on what you should eat with what?
ANY AND ALL TIPS WILL HELP!!!!!

THANKS!
MICHELE

Replies

• SuperMoniMonk
    SuperMoniMonk Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Eggs whites omellet for breakfast..very low in cals , good protein and fills you up :) add some mushrooms/ onions/ etc.....

I snack on Chex Mix / Zone perfect bars/apples/ Fage yogurts is the bomb.! :)
  • SuperMoniMonk
    Options
    I'm in the same boat with about the cals...to eat them all..or not..? mmmmm...waiting to see what others have to say. :)
  • heather1945
    heather1945 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    TOPIC: THE answers to THE questions - I found this on MFP community notice board. under General Diet and Weight Loss help posted Fri 02/22/08 05:23 AM.....and lo....there's heap of adivse on what to do with those left-over calories...I've decided that I will 'eat' them as I have not lost anything now for 2 weeks....For breakfast I have rolled oats porridge with milk...very satisfying and filling....:-)
  • h2onut
    h2onut Posts: 164
    Options
    I usually don't have a problem eating my 1200 calories but I do tend not to eat my exercise calories back (not hungry enough). On those exercise days, I sometimes like to have almonds on hand - they help up the calories:)
    I have my diary open to my MFP friends if you want to friend me for ideas?
  • PharmCat12
    Options
    I sometimes find myself with a bunch of extra calories by the end of the day, and since my goal is around 1200, I need to make sure I eat all of my available calories so I don't go into "starvation mode." I typically fix myself a dessert treat, as a reward for making through the whole day with low calories. Luckily, my dessert options are usually somewhere in the 100-300 range and that gets me up to my goal. I loooove dessert.....

I get into a food rut, usually (but I am okay with that) and my typical food for a day is something along these lines:
    Breakfast: 2 whole wheat Eggo waffles, 2 cups of coffee with 2 tbsp french vanilla creamer
    Snack: cheese stick and fruit (applesauce, pineapple, fruit salad)
    Lunch: green salad with homemade balsamic dressing, yogurt cup
    Dinner: grilled fish, rice, veggie
    Dessert: now, that depends on how good I have been throughout the day :) I really like Skinny Cow ice cream, and it is pretty low calorie!
    My food diary is public - feel free to check it out if you would like!

Good luck!
  • SuperMoniMonk
    Options
    bump
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I change it up, some days right at the line and on others under by up to 400. Working so far!