MFP Runner's Club - 8/5

Options
kechiemc
kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
Good morning :flowerforyou:

I ran 3.2 miles or 5K bright and early this morning. Today was my "easy" run so I took it easy.:smile:

Can't wait to hear what you're up to today!
-Kechie.

Btw, for anyone who still has young children at home, check your local Regal Cinemas for free movies a couple of mornings during the week.

Replies

• kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning :flowerforyou:

I ran 3.2 miles or 5K bright and early this morning. Today was my "easy" run so I took it easy.:smile:

Can't wait to hear what you're up to today!
    -Kechie.

Btw, for anyone who still has young children at home, check your local Regal Cinemas for free movies a couple of mornings during the week.
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Good morning fellow runners.

Great job on the 5k Ketchie.

Our little running group ran a trail that was 4.8 miles. I did pretty good. Only had to stop and walk up a big hill so I feel pretty good about that. I am slowly working my way up to the bigger runs. :wink:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Good morning girlies!!!

Great running Kechie!!! WAHOOO!!! :drinker:

OHHHHH Sherry YOU GO GIRL!

I am not running this AM, no canoeing, no biking, no water aerobics, no kayaking, no beach wondering, no hitting the trails...

Yet... :wink:

Have a lovely day motivational ladies!!!
  • areay
    areay Posts: 463
    Options
    Great job!
    I went for a small jog before my spinning class and then jogged a little after. I'm running and going to bootcamp tonight!
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Morning!

Did a 5k too this morning. (Only because I overslept!) :tongue: Did it in 29 minutes though so that's good for me. :smile:

Good job Angie, Kechie & Sherry (hills stink! :laugh: ) Happy running everyone!! :drinker:
  • ali106
    ali106 Posts: 3,754 Member
    Options
    wow great job you guys!!!

I can't wait for a 5k to be my easy run Kechie and Shannon....:drinker:
    woo hoo you ladies rock-a-da-house!:wink:

Areay, you're like...wow amazing...I hope bootcamp was fun!

Nice job Sherrie....that is awesome....I'm really proud of you girl!!

Princess...lol...you always make me smile pretty girl! ...good luck w/ what you DO decide to DO! lol

As for o' Ali here....I'm in and out of the back yard w/ my son and its only 8:20am!!! I'm still finishing my coffee, then I'm gonna, get dressed and head on out for a run....I think on my own, cuz my back is sort of sore, Nick and I were dancing last night as my exercise....and he wanted a mommy ride so I did a salsa dance w/ him on my back and now I'm like....ahhhhhh maybe that wasn't a GREAT idea LOL...its not too bad, but anyway....I'm hoping for at least 3 miles....its been not a great two last weeks w/ my running...aka slacking....so I"m committed again....I feel my need for running! woot! I'm gonna try for four miles....but min of 3~

hugs and best to you all!!!!
    Ali :drinker:
  • MargieM
    MargieM Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    I walked/ran (mostly ran, but there was this hill...) my 3.1 mile loop last night. It only took me 50 minutes. :grumble: Oh well, it can only get better. I'll probably do my 2.2 mile loop tonight and then rest Wed. & Thurs. so I have legs for softball tourney Thurs. night.... Hope everyone has a great day!
  • Theresa35
    Theresa35 Posts: 1,102
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I had to write and be accountable....kinda sucks sometimes....:laugh:

Anyhoo...my plan was to begin the couch to 5K yesterday, with a MWF schedule. Well, I forgot that I had to take my daughter to register for school after work, and we had a family night planned for later on. :mad: I did make it to the Y for my training session so the day wasn't a complete loss. :ohwell: Also, back to school time was probably not the best time for me to begin something new...

BUT! I will not give up, maybe delay, but not forget about it completely!!! I am really excited to begin, but I'm also the type that needs to have my ducks in a row before taking on a new challenge.

Thanks for listening and soon I will report on my first day results of the Couch to 5K.....:drinker:
  • thalli1
    thalli1 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

It's going to be hot here today, so I'm leaving right now to do a speed workout. I'll report later how it went. Summer is going by so fast. We're going to Jamaica on August 17 and I can't wait!

Terry:flowerforyou:
  • pmkelly409
    pmkelly409 Posts: 1,653 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I had to write and be accountable....kinda sucks sometimes....:laugh:

Anyhoo...my plan was to begin the couch to 5K yesterday, with a MWF schedule. Well, I forgot that I had to take my daughter to register for school after work, and we had a family night planned for later on. :mad: I did make it to the Y for my training session so the day wasn't a complete loss. :ohwell: Also, back to school time was probably not the best time for me to begin something new...

BUT! I will not give up, maybe delay, but not forget about it completely!!! I am really excited to begin, but I'm also the type that needs to have my ducks in a row before taking on a new challenge.

Thanks for listening and soon I will report on my first day results of the Couch to 5K.....:drinker:

Hey, don't be too hard on yourself - life happens, right? just adjust your schedule and stick with it! once you get started you won't want to stop!!
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    I walked/ran (mostly ran, but there was this hill...) my 3.1 mile loop last night. It only took me 50 minutes. :grumble: Oh well, it can only get better. I'll probably do my 2.2 mile loop tonight and then rest Wed. & Thurs. so I have legs for softball tourney Thurs. night.... Hope everyone has a great day!

Its not a race - doesn't matter how long it too you do finish - you finished!! Each week will get faster and easier and you will look back and see your progress and that will motivate you to keep improving!
  • food_junkie
    Options
    Hello runners! I got my butt out today and did 6 miles. Then I did my glute workout on the treadmill which added about another 1.5 miles. I hope everyone enjoys their workouts today! Keep up the good work! :wink:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    And a GOOD MORNING TO YOU ALL!
    Wow, today seems to be a run on the 5Ks.
    I also did a 3.37 run this morning, but after my 8 miles on Sunday, this run this morning was super hard. :frown:
    Not only did I really have to push myself to get out of the house but did so late and ran in the heat. But then it was a total struggle the entire way. :tongue:
    My legs were really not working with me, I didn't have the usual "bounce" or long stride (with my short legs they are not so long strides, but for me they are). But I did break the 12 minute mile and did it at about 11:45 and for me that is a woo hoo!:happy: I don't know how I managed that when I was struggling so hard?
    Is that typical after a long run to seem so hard even though I took a day off. Maybe I should have run a short run yesterday?:ohwell:
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Morning Runners,

I will be checking in after my lunchtime workout. Just wanted to stop in here to tell everyone good job today! :heart:
  • pmkelly409
    Options
    good morning everyone!!

Love the motivation I am reading today!! It is the hottest, busiest time of the year and each day we are getting out there and keeping at it! YEA US!!

I did my 5 miles last night. It was such an easy run - flat course through the Naval Academy. My friend and I came upon some mid-shipmen doing practical drills in their white uniforms - man were they cute!! This is what it looked like....
    USNA%20Stock%20Photos%2012505%20061.jpg
    ** pic not working * let me try another one...
    USNA%20Stock%20Photos%2012505%20062_t.jpg

don't know what is going to happen tonight - hopefully get to my 5:30 strength training class in time and then do 3 miles.

Have a great day everyone!!!
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on here in awhile. It has been SOOO hard to get motivated lately. I have plateaued around 189 and haven't seen it move in over a month.... but to say I have been trying half heartedly would probably be an overstatement. I don't know what my problem is, I just can't stay motivated right now. I really wanted to be under 170 by the half marathon in September... but that is clearly not happening. :grumble: I am trying to be good again. Bought a bunch of healthy stuff and trying to get running more... it is just SOOOO hot here. :sad: This morning it was 80 plus very humid. We are suposed to hit heat indexes neat 110! yuck yuck yuck. Anyways just thought I would vent a little for some accountability.

I did make it out for a 5 mile run this morning so I guess all is not lost. Wanted to go further but it was just too darn hot!
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Okay runners of the 5K
    Today was just shy of 3.2 more like 3.17 (dunno why I didn't just step it out) :laugh:

And, of course, strength training!!

Anhn - see the pic and WOW where do you plan to find those 5 lbs you're trying to lose - you look amazing!!

Good job to everyone!! :happy:
  • lisarae
    lisarae Posts: 113
    Options
    : This morning it was 80 plus very humid. We are suposed to hit heat indexes neat 110! yuck yuck yuck. Anyways just thought I would vent a little for some accountability.

I did make it out for a 5 mile run this morning so I guess all is not lost. Wanted to go further but it was just too darn hot!

I can relate to the heat. Very hard to get out an run when you get hit with a wave of humidity as soon as you walk out the door!
    Did four miles this AM, three of running and one of walking. I want to get some muscle work in so I have started the Jillian Michaels 30 day shred in. I started yesterday and I am sore. Just on the first level!!! I thought I was in shape until I did that workout. There's always some muscle somewhere that could always be worked harder, I guess! :tongue:
  • alimassa
    alimassa Posts: 275
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

WOW...so many runs already today! I got up at 505 this morning to head out and beat the heat! I did 7.25 miles in 58 mis...Too bad I had to go to work cause I think I could have done more.

I OFFICALLY signed up for my 1/2 marathon on Sept 7th yesterday. Now I am nervous:frown: :frown: :frown:

Strawberry..thanks for the email advise...my Ipod has been replaced! I couldnt wait to order one online so I broke down and went to Walmart yesterday over lunch so I could use it for a walk last night and my run this morning.

Happy Running!!

Ali
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!

WOW...so many runs already today! I got up at 505 this morning to head out and beat the heat! I did 7.25 miles in 58 mis...Too bad I had to go to work cause I think I could have done more.

I OFFICALLY signed up for my 1/2 marathon on Sept 7th yesterday. Now I am nervous:frown: :frown: :frown:

Wow! What an awesome time! It took me 70min to do 5 this morning. It was so hot it was hard to get motivated. I am doing a half marathon on Sept 20. I think it will take me close to 3 hrs to do but it will be worth it to say that I can do it. You should have a smokin time on yours those!!