getting technical--HR math to give callory burnt

Options
de1amo
de1amo Posts: 266 Member
İ was wondering if anyone knows the maths to sort out how many callories are being burnt per hour while training my bmr is about 1700 a day--there must be some logical math.
İ am 74kgs and my at rest heart rate is 60--im 48 and the machines during exercise recommend i keep my hr at 138 to 144--which i do---today i did 90 minutes of this hr constantly--must be some logical answer --my HRM is out of action!

Replies

• Victorian131
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing. Maybe if you google the equation? I dont know how much to rely on MFP calorie counter exercise wise and I have no idea about what HRM's are good to get etc.
    I have found an online equivelant HRM is this helps?
    http://www.triathlontrainingblog.com/calculators/calories-burned-calculator-based-on-average-heart-rate/
    although I cant find a direct equation I hope this is useful.
  • de1amo
    de1amo Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    i went to that link but on the same page there was an actual equation---i followed it through and it came to 847 calories which is about 150 under the machine reading so i think more accurate and plausible--it was very long and was actually a posting on this site but i dont know how to do links --the question was asked by oompa loompa on the 3-4-11-so very recent
    847 divided by 100 minutes means i burn about 8,5 cals per minute( it gives me a frame work to work with --you have to do it using all your own data!
    thinking about it the machine's error is that it doesnt allow the BMR rate within its calculation--if i sat doing nothing for 100 minutes i would still burn calories--the machine read 990 calories and i got the result of 847 --