motivation

kennagif
kennagif Posts: 23 Member
edited September 26 in Health and Weight Loss
Is there a trick to staying motivated? I am struggling even though I want/need to be healthy. I have two children, a husband and work 4 days per week. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.

Replies

• Kath712
    Kath712 Posts: 1,263 Member
    My trick is to keep coming back to MFP. :bigsmile: This is the place I can count on for inspiration, by looking at the Success Stories. My daily routine is to log in and enter my breakfast, and sometimes snacks and lunch if I've planned them out. It helps me to stay on track. And I get a lot of motivation from my friends, cheering me on everytime I log in exercise or complete my diary for the day. Friend me if you want! :flowerforyou:
  • Keep telling yourself there will be BIG rewards and results in the end. If you quit now, does that mean you're going to quit at everything? :D

Think of it that way, thinkof a mini goal...when you reach give your self a reward, so on and so forth.

I hope this helps...that's what keeps me going knowing there will be results :D
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    What motivates me is that no one can make good decisions but me, so what choice do I have? MFP is a great tool for motivation! You can friend me if you want, I'm on here everyday, sometimes several times a day... I won't let you fall off the wagon!!! :wink:
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Motivation for me is helping and motivating others. When I motivate someone it gets me jacked! I also write down my short term and long term goals as well as my exercise routines to hold me accountable. Another motivational tool is my before pictures. I taped them all over the house and by the TV as I did my beachbody workouts! Keep coming back to MFP and right down your thoughts. Also get a free Beachbody account and talk on those boards for exercise motivation. Send me a note and I'll tell you how to join for Free. I also have a Facebook workout and motivation group, if interested in that.

You can do it! If I can, anyone can.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,021 Member
    When I was far from my goal, definitely seeing the success stories and before/after pics helped keep me motivated. Now that I'm close to my goal, I rely on other things. New music and new workout clothes/shoes motivate me to work out. New recipes motivate me to continue eating healthy. Going shopping for smaller clothes motivates me, even if it's just to buy one new top or pair of pants. Reminding myself that I am getting smaller by buying something I couldn't have worn before makes me want to keep going. And I feel a bit ashamed to say this, but getting compliments from other people motivates me. I know that's normal, but I guess I feel a little guilty that affirmation from other people influences my desire to continue losing weight.
This discussion has been closed.