Needed: Snack Ideas!

Options
I have everything logged for today that i plan on eating (i map everything out daily, helps me stick to things)....however, it's saying i need over 600 calories still! any ideas on "good" calories that i can snack on today? trying to keep my sodium and sugar levels low, too...

Replies

• salviluv
    salviluv Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    low fat string cheese - low on calories and carbs
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    nuts are high calorie. watch the salt on them tho
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Almonds, Almonds, Almonds!!!! Fairly high in calories and healthy fat. Yum!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    NUTS!
  • copperdave
    copperdave Posts: 146
    Options
    If you go to foodnetwork.com, you'll find a recipe from Alton Brown for roasted chickpeas. They're awesome! 111 calories per serving.
  • tinareet
    tinareet Posts: 126
    Options
    i see you have met your protein for the day and you still need some carbs, treat yourself have some dark chocolate or some fruit. a small bowl of pasta will up your cals and carbs. or a peanut butter sandwich :)
    Xx
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    I LOVED Nature Valleys peanut butter granola bars. 190 calories for 2 bars.
  • jesse38566
    Options
    As a lot of people have said, ALMONDS!!! Blue Diamond has a great "whole natural" almond...160 calories, ZERO sodium and you even get some good protein out of the deal! Happy snacking!
  • cardswimmom
    Options
    My fave snack is raw almonds, string cheese, and a piece of fruit...filling and yummy! Of course, if you drink a big glass of water with it you will be quite full! :drinker:
  • FaerieMoon
    FaerieMoon Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Examples of a 100-200 calorie snacks are:

· A piece of fruit with 1 slice of low-fat cheese

· 25 almonds

· 100 calorie-pack snack plus a piece of fruit

· 1 cup of low-fat yogurt

· 2 hard-boiled eggs

· Baby carrots with 2 tbsp. hummus
  • tyienna
    tyienna Posts: 39
    Options
    I eat celery with just a little peanut butter for flavor. Also Special K bars are good and they are only 100 calories per bar. One thing I love in the summer is taking grapes and freezing them. They are a great snack that will keep you cool in the summer!
  • RunChinni
    RunChinni Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Berries and fruits. Certain types of nuts.

Here's a link that helps me check what to eat and what not to. They also have a Protein to Carbs ratio that makes it easier :)

http://lowcarbdiets.about.com/gi/o.htm?zi=1/XJ&zTi=1&sdn=lowcarbdiets&cdn=health&tm=26&f=00&tt=14&bt=1&bts=0&zu=http://www.immuneweb.org/lowcarb/food/protein.html#charts
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I bought some roasted sunflower nuts no salt low on everything else. i cal high fat but so good.