Water retention???

Options
For the past couple of days it seems like my body is keeping every drop of water I am drinking...
I am actually up about 4 pounds today, and it is not TOM for me. Any ideas what can cause this
dramatic water retention, and how to resolve it naturally without pills??? Thanks

Replies

• Sauchie
    Sauchie Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    For me i can retain alot of water by to much sodium and or soda intake. I cut my soda almost completely and lost 4 lbs of water weight over the weekend by drinking alot of water to "flush my system" watch your diary if you are always over on sodium that might be your issue
  • BrianJLamb
    BrianJLamb Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you are eating and drinking. I had a blowout Saturday for my bachelor party. Ate about 1.5 lbs of barbecue...literally...and drank a fair amount of beer. On Monday I was up about 6 lbs. By Tuesday I was up 5. Today I am up about 4. Drink more water and hit the cardio.
  • erisfreenici
    erisfreenici Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    You could try eating a banana or drinking some cranberry juice (not cocktail, the 100% juice kind w/ no added sugar). Other suggestions: don't cross your legs when sitting, prop your feet up with a pillow when lying down. Make sure you're drinking the 8-10 glasses of water per day. Watch your sodium intake and make sure you're not over the 2500mg limit.

If you are still retaining water in a day or two and it's not your TOM, you might want to see your doctor. Sometimes retaining water is a sign of a bigger problem.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    sodium most likely. Just keep drinking it. Eventually your body will let it go.
  • Dreamersland
    Options
    What type of salt are you using? I was doing the same - switched over to Morton's lite salt and now it is better. I don't swell as much either while walking. I was told that when you retain water - it might not be all about the salt but the TYPE of salt you are using.. worth a try. No more up for me, I am now losing because of the switch and not retaining the 80oz's of H2O I am drinking..