Protein!!

Options
Zombriana
Zombriana Posts: 764 Member
I have been lacking in my protein lately, and I can only eat so many nuts and egg whites.

I would like to indulge my baking side, so I would LOVE if someone could be me some recipe ideas!

Thank you soo much! <3

Replies

• jamie1888
    jamie1888 Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    You can always add some protein powder into your recipes! Protein powder is pretty dry though. So, be sure to drop some flour if you do add some. You can also sub out some fats (butter & oil) with non-fat greek yogurt. That will reduce the fat and also add some extra protein. Peanut flour can also add protein and give a little extra protein too!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    good luck. I hope they turn out well for you.
    I tried some brownies with protein powder one time, but the consistency is off with them. :/
  • AmandaArnwine
    Options
    Be careful of Nuts.. they are SO high in fat.. stick with Lean meats like Ground turkey, chicken, and beef.. Greek Yogurt is a GREAT source of protein :-).. and Tuna.. don't forget the fish :-)
  • SweetBeth
    SweetBeth Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    salmon has SUPER high protein and you can do so much with it: salmon patties, salmon rollups with cream cheese, grilled, backed, broiled...endless options.

Good luck!
  • Zombriana
    Options
    Yeah, I don't eat nuts too often, and thats why! I do chicken and steaks everyday.
    I just wanted a nice snack :] I'm not big on yogurt, something about the consistency doesn't sit well with me. lol

I just need to cut back on the carbs or something, Ive always been a carb fiend. :P
  • Zombriana
    Options

Woah. My favorite apple, AND my favorite berry??
    HECK YES!