Need a little encouragement!

Options
Hi everyone, I've been using MFP for about a month now. Been on and off my "diet" a few times already. Really needing some support and encouragement as I try again. Good luck to everyone else as well! Thanks!

Replies

• JessPaul93016
    JessPaul93016 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Good luck in your journey!
  • SheliaN1960
    SheliaN1960 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    HI! You will get all of the support you need here! This is an awesome website and I have the greatest of friends. One thing, You will really have to WANT this! No matter how much support or motivation you get from MFP, you have to want what the other winners from MFP have. I say this with love and kindness and only because I was on and then off and then on! In order for this site to work for you, you have to work for this site!! Best of wishes to you on your new journey! I think that you will do great! If I have not hurt your feelings (and I hope that I did not, it is all about support here) please friend me! Have a great day!
    Shelia
  • missy1970eb
    missy1970eb Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    gd luck come on u can do it:smile:
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I've been using MFP for about a month now. Been on and off my "diet" a few times already. Really needing some support and encouragement as I try again. Good luck to everyone else as well! Thanks!

Just know that we have all started and stopped for one reason or another. Thats all part of the journey. You need to focus on getting your self through one of those times when you want to stop. In the moment of weakness you have to decide whats more important. Eating off plan or getting to your goal? You have to be your own warden. You have to learn how to police yourself to stay on track. In the beginning its not easy but once you get over the 1st hurdle the 2nd hurdle is just a tiny bit easier.

Remember bumps in the road should be used as learning points not failures. You learn from them. Make your adjustments and start back up.

You can do it.
  • Wileyjoe
    Wileyjoe Posts: 282
    Options
    You can do this! Best of luck to you.
  • mytwobabies
    mytwobabies Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Don't worry you can do it! I started off really rocky too. I wanted results immediately and thats just not possible, it took over a month for me to start showing progress so hang in there and soon you'll be looking back at all the success you have had :)
  • philssis
    philssis Posts: 28
    Options
    Don't think of it as a diet! What if you follow some rules, get into your skinny jeans, go back to the old way and then you're out again! Go slow, make some changes you can stick with. Forever.

One thing that's really helped me recently is trying to eat more whole and raw foods. I didn't like it at first, but yesterday I craved A PEAR. Seriously.

You are worth the effort and you are worth taking time to fill your body with good fuel instead of junk. Tell yourself 1000 times if you have to - YOU ARE WORTH IT AND YOU DESERVE TO BE HEALTHY AND FIT!
  • shandygemini
    Options
    Take one day at a time. One meal at a time. I like to do a "fast" after getting stuck. I eat nt processes meats, no sugar, andlots of fruit to push out the toxins!! Just think of the looks on thier faces when you are the hottie at the pool!!!!!!!!!!
  • twistietims
    Options
    Thanks for your kindness and motivation everyone! I really want to lose 20 lbs and it's going to be a challenge because I think I am already in my ideal weight range but I know it's not unhealthy for me to set this goal. It's just going to take a lot of hard work and dedication!
  • hairspray74
    Options
    hi & welcome, you'll love it here! you or anyone can add me, my sister shellyp3, my cousin mistletoes71, or my husband rumblybigred! good luck!
  • jeepzilla
    jeepzilla Posts: 201
    Options
    welcome there is a lot of great postive support here you can add me if you like... :)