Just want to say HELLO.........

Options
jane8c
jane8c Posts: 3 Member
I started exercising in February and as of today.....do not see much result. Monday-Friday I eat less then 2500 calories per day. Saturday and Sunday I would add sweets to my diet. I jogg 45 minutes on the treadmill 3-4 times a week. Occasionally I would add some type of strength training, 2-3 times per week along with cardio. I feel like I am doing something wrong. When I weight my self, it shows that I have increased in weight.....I understand I probably gained muscle weight....but I do not feel muscles but flobs......Am I doing something wrong with my routine?????/

Replies

• a_freeman
    a_freeman Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hi Jane,

I'm sure a lot of people would disagree but for me, exercise alone doesn't cause me to loose much weight. I've cut carbs to 20g and lowered my calories to around 1600 per day. I do about 30 minutes of cardio before work. I'm loosing about 2 lbs per week.
  • tehwhoaman
    Options
    Ya, keeping about 1600-2000 calories will do you lots of good. How fast are you running on the tredmill for those 45 mins? I also had the same issue for a while, I was burning about 200 calories per day on a bike, then doing strenght training...I feel stronger, but I don't see anything. Believe me though, it's there. I don't know the exact ration for weight between muscle and fat. But I do know building muscle burns fat. So say, you're assuming you would have lost 2-3 lbs. You may have replaced that with muscle instead; therefore, not seeing the changes you were hoping for :P
  • kevanos
    kevanos Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Age, gender, height weight will help us determine if 2500 sounds right for you, or else it is just guess work.

I'm a big young guy and can handle 2400 calories per day and still lose.

Exercise alone won't make you lose weight , you have to have a proper well balanced diet too.
  • jane8c
    jane8c Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I jog on the treadmill around 5-5.5 mph.