My treadmill passed away last night

Options
Well not starting this week off very well at all. My treadmill which is more like my life line decided to kick the bucket last night after a pitifull 3 minute work out.
Now I have to figure out how I am going to get my workout's in until I can buy a new one.
I walk around my neighbourhood but nothing beats a great dripping sweat workout on the treadmill.
Ohhhh I am so bummed, I guess all I can do is just be extra careful to pay attention to my calories and try to make my nightly walks count for something.
So, so sad today.....boo hoo :sad: :sad: :sad:

Replies

• ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Well not starting this week off very well at all. My treadmill which is more like my life line decided to kick the bucket last night after a pitifull 3 minute work out.
    Now I have to figure out how I am going to get my workout's in until I can buy a new one.
    I walk around my neighbourhood but nothing beats a great dripping sweat workout on the treadmill.
    Ohhhh I am so bummed, I guess all I can do is just be extra careful to pay attention to my calories and try to make my nightly walks count for something.
    So, so sad today.....boo hoo :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    RIP :sad: :sad: :sad: I AM SO SORRY FOR YOUR LOSS :cry: I CAN'T IMAGINE HOW I WOULD FEEL IF THAT HAPPENED TO ME. IT IS TOO HOT IN SAN ANTONIO TO GO OUT TO WALK OR RUN UNLESS I AM OUT EARLY IN THE MORNING. :flowerforyou:
  • tanzmamma
    tanzmamma Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    OMG my condolances. I would be in serious mourning if my elliptical died!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • ShellyBee
    ShellyBee Posts: 117
    Options
    Thanks guy's and yes I am deeply saddened today......LOL!
    I am glad others out there understand what I am going through today.
    I have plenty of work out equipment in the basement but my treadmill just worked for me. I have an eliptical but there is something about it I just don't enjoy myself on it and I can not do a long hard work out on it either.
    My husband has been offering to go and finance a really nice one for me but I just don't really want to go that route. He is very proud of me and wants me to have what I need to accomplish my goals......I am thinking tonight might be that night to go see about getting me a new treadmill!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If anyone know's of the best one on the market that won't put me in the poor house I would love to hear about it and where I can find it......I am in Canada EH!!!!!!
  • runawaybride
    runawaybride Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    That sucks. Yeah well my elliptical is in a coma and not moving much these days so I guess I better revive it and put some life back into that darn thing.:laugh:
  • shkaki
    shkaki Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    just a suggestion, but you could try www.craigslist.com, i'm not sure if you have that in canada, but i'm in minnesota and when i was looking for a treadmil there were a bunch of people on there that had them for FREE as long as you could pick it up (based on area). It might be a place to start until you can affford a nice new one!!
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    Options
    :cry: :sad: :sad: i am so very very sorry. i know i would be in tears if my died (wisper). hope you have enough room in the back yard to bury it? good luck,
    again sorry for your loss.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I think we need a moment of silence.

*crickets chirping in the distance*
  • BunnyHop
    BunnyHop Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You killed it? How shocking. ( That poor, defenseless treadmill didn't stand a chance. )
  • dothompson
    dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    R.I.P. The poor thing just couldn't keep up with you!

Be grateful that it happened this time of year and you have the option of outside, which certainly has amazing benefits. Also you have a few months to find a gently used one before winter.

I frankly think it's foolish to buy workout equipment new, too many people use them only as coat hangers.

Good luck, maybe you'll find a new exciting method of exercise through this unfortuante loss.