I gained 3 lbs in a week

Options
2»

Replies

• RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I weighted 157 on Tuesday then by the next tuesday i weighed 160 :( why is it that losing a pound is so hard and gaining them is sooo easy ... depressed ... i did overeat about 2 days but 3lbs ?? come on....

OMG!!!! THIS HAPPEND TO ME TO!!!!! I was 157.5 and after the weekend I was 160.5... after drinking water and working out I am finally back down to 158.5 but still! I was 157.5 and i was hoping to be at 156.5 by the end of this week! UGH! I feel you!!!
  • fitmom4ever
    fitmom4ever Posts: 130
    Options
    I did the same exact thing last week. I binged out while under stress and gained 3 lbs in 2 days! :grumble: But thanks to my totally awesome and supportive MFPals :heart: I picked myself up off the floor and started eating right, drinking plenty of water, and exercising again. As of today I have lost 2.2 of those 3 lbs and feel tons better! Don't let it get to you. Any gain that happens that quickly is likely to be temporary. Just get back on that wagon and everything should go back to normal shortly :flowerforyou:
  • monarch121560
    Options
    I'm totally with you on this mystery! I was feeling the exact way this morning. It's so hard to log everything that goes in your mouth every day!! It does get very depressing........ but that's how watching our weight is. We're excited and thrilled and even proud of ourselves when we loose weight, even if it's only 1 pound. BUT, let be we gained, omg we're angry, devastated and ready to throw in the towel!! It's in those moments we need to hold onto that feeling we have when we loose cause we know that when we gain it's a temporary set back. We get up, dust ourselves off and remind ourselves we're not perfect nor are alone and we get back on track and then we start forgiving ourselves and we feel better. I know for me, I have good days and bad days in my quest to loose this weight. I think back 3 months when I was 297 pounds and then look at my current weight of 271 pounds and feel accomplished. I have never been this high in weight but I've shown myself that with hard work and dedication I can loose weight. I'm okay if I gain a little here or there causse I KNOW I can and will continue to loose. Hang in there and remember you're never alone.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    my weight fluctuates A LOT from week to week! my little progress line is so jaggedy! but the overall trend is down so i try not to stress :) good luck!
  • loseit65
    loseit65 Posts: 47
    Options
    I hear yea!. I've had a few doctors appointments in the past two weeks and everytine I get on the scale I'm gaining instead of losing. so frustrating and depressing! UG UG , but I'm not giving up. :)
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Something else nobody mentioned yet, consider your bathroom habits. I know it sounds crazy but if you don't go, you're carrying around more weight. Had I waited 30 minutes before yesterday's weigh in I could have taken another 1.6lbs off my weight! Sounds crazy but it's true. I got on the scale just to see simply because I felt so much better in my tummy. I was even slimmer around the belly button area. You have no idea what you're carrying in there or how much it can weigh!

So yes, watch your sodium (I have that problem too and it's often when I swell that it registers with me that it's too high and I don't use table salt). Even if your sodium is in check, make sure you're drinking enough water every day. This will help with the above (as well as increasing your soluble fiber intake) as well as help flush out the sodium you are eating and also help your body remove fat.

Lunch meats are killer. If you have the means, make a roast or whole chicken and slice up the breast and meat yourself for sandwiches. It not only tastes better but you can control what goes into it. Salt is used as a preservative in those cases but if you're cooking and eating fresh, then it's not needed.

Don't give up. The answer is out there somewhere and it's not how much you're eating but what you're eating/drinking most likely.
  • fatchancemom
    fatchancemom Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I was very conscious of the amount of salt and cheat eating I was doing over the weekend. Had no discipline and couldn't stop myself, now I feel like I'll never eat a cookie again because I've gained 3 pounds since my last weigh in. I'll b e taking water pills and drinking a gallon of water today. Thanks for the post!
  • SwedishMel
    SwedishMel Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    3 pounds? Maybe you just need to poo. :ohwell:
  • Cortneyrenee04
    Cortneyrenee04 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    I "gained" two pounds this month but lost 7.5 inches!! Whaaaaaat?! So, screw the scale. As long as you get back on track, you can do it.
  • Irishoats
    Options
    Why is this posted on the success stories thread?
  • ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    It definitely could be water weight! Especially if you were eating high sodium foods.

Last Friday I went to Taco Bell and had dinner (within my calorie limitations) and the next day I was up 5lbs from all of the sodium. I have since leveled out. Water retention is no joke!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!