Calories burned for P90X CHEST and BACK

Options
Does anyone have an estimate of calories burned for the (Chest and Back) & (AB RIPPER) workouts for P90X?

Weight -- 200lbs

Thanks

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    It is different form everyone as calories burned are based on age, gender, weight, height, fat%, fitness level, level of intensity etc. That being said if you don't have a HRM you can enter it as circuit training. Should burn between 200 and 800 calories depending on the variables above
  • Hmocc
    Hmocc Posts: 9
    Options
    Its hard to determine unless you have a HRM but if you google "Calories burned doing chest and back for p90x and ab ripper" you can see responses and see if someone has the same weight.
  • luciamrg
    luciamrg Posts: 11
    Options
    In their Nutrition Guide they have an average estimate of 600 cal per workout of P90X. But again this is an estimate. My guesstimation from my workouts was between 400-600 but once I got my heart rate monitor it was actually between 200-800. A monitor makes a huge difference. Mine was only $70 at Target and so far no problems with it. If you are tracking calories burned, make sure it lists that on the monitor description because not all of them offer it.
  • Rodneymc4
    Rodneymc4 Posts: 62
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I'm going with the lower numbers to add on my exercise chart.

200 calories for Chest and Back and 100 for AB Ripper. I know both of those should be higher but I will error on the side of caution until I pick up a HRM.

Thanks again:smile::smile:
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I'm going with the lower numbers to add on my exercise chart.

200 calories for Chest and Back and 100 for AB Ripper. I know both of those should be higher but I will error on the side of caution until I pick up a HRM.

Thanks again:smile::smile:

Just tagging this old thread and quote since I'm doing this today. I am just about the same weight. Thanks!
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have an estimate of calories burned for the (Chest and Back) & (AB RIPPER) workouts for P90X?

Weight -- 200lbs

Thanks

I found this equation on Livestrong.com. Follow the link to get to the article.
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/78365-estimate-calories-burned-heart-rate/#ixzz1L8GRJNbH

I am doing Shaun T Insanity (2nd cousin to P90X2) and I find that the equations for the Insanity series given in Livestrong.com overestimate my calorie burn by about 50 calories. Using my HRM, I burn around 550 cal. for 40 min. workout and Livestrong equation is about 600 cal. burned. EITHER WAY - it is a good workout.
  • haleycreations
    haleycreations Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Well I tend to burn between 800-1100 calories doing chest and back, chest shoulder and triceps, and any of the strength workouts. I take a pre-workout powder that helps me get a stronger pump. It adds just that little push that I am not aware of and then I tend to workout harder and then I am standing in a pool of my own DNA :) I weight 202 right now I have lost 55 lbs to date and continue to add muscle more than losing weight.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    I treat any P90X exercise as "circuit training" as far as tracking the calories burned. That seems to be a good barometer in the absence of a heart rate monitor that tracks that kind of stuff.
  • jmulldome
    Options
    I treat any P90X exercise as "circuit training" as far as tracking the calories burned. That seems to be a good barometer in the absence of a heart rate monitor that tracks that kind of stuff.

Most often, my workouts burn between 600-700 calories, which seems to be par for the course when I did some research on this very topic.
  • napcity
    napcity Posts: 1
    Options
    I found a nice web site that help you calculate calories burned in P90X. It based on your weight and workout intensity.
    Not perfect, but number of calories is really high.
    Remember when you lift weights you burn calories also after workout hours, when your muscles recover and build up.

http://p90xcalories.com/
  • cheetosandburritos
    cheetosandburritos Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I found a nice web site that help you calculate calories burned in P90X. It based on your weight and workout intensity.
    Remember when you lift weights you burn calories also after workout hours, when your muscles recover and build up.

I bookmarked this site; thank you!
  • anothermop
    anothermop Posts: 187 Member
    Options

I bookmarked this site; thank you!
    Yes, thanks--this is awesome!
  • ken_ferry77
    Options
    Hello Rodney,

I am not sure if you have come to the proper calculations, but I can give you mine. I am using an $230 Heart rate monitor from Polar.

Height -5'8"
    Weight- 165
    Full Chest and back work out without abb ripper.

- pushups average of 6 per move
    - pullups average of 6 per move
    - 12 reps/ 33lbs heavy pants
    - 8-10/reps/53lbs lawnmowers
    - 12 reps/33 lbs back fly

625 total calories burned

First time back, so this is the first workout of first week. I only do the resistance training, so I skip the cardio. I would suggest you get a heart rate monitor because there are so many factors that will be different from everybody else. The best info you are going to get is a nice ball park range. Hope this helps.
  • rglasspell
    Options
    As did I. Thanks. I was looking for something like this.
  • Djones62511
    Djones62511 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Use a hrm it will give you the cals your body burns...