Stomach Exercises to Do at Your Desk

Options
**If you are like me, and sit on your *kitten* all day in an office enviroment, these may be helpful :happy:

There are many benefits of the abdominal exercises. The exercises will help to trim the waistline. Along with trimming the waistline, it will also help to maintain the health of the organs in the core region. The abdominal exercises to do at your desk may not be able to take place of the traditional exercises, but they will certainly force some blood to move in the body, without you having to move out of your desk.

Side Bends
To do the love handle exercises, you do not have to visit a gym. It can easily be done sitting in a chair at work as well. The first among the ab exercises you can do at your desk are the side bends. I am sure you always have a bottle of water on your desk. Make sure the water is filled with water. Hold the bottle with both your hands and stretch your hands above your head. When you stretch your hands up, your elbows should be locked. Gradually bend sideways towards the right side as much as you can. When you bend down, your shoulders should be parallel to the floor. Slowly come back to the starting position and repeat the same on the other side as well. Repeat the exercise 10 to 12 times on both the sides.

Twists
Another oblique exercise, to get rid of the love handles. You can use the bottle or do the exercise without any weights. Keeping the knees, hips and torso facing forward, slowly twist to any one side, hold for a few seconds come back to the center and repeat the same on the other side as well. The exercise can be repeated on either sides 10 to 12 times. If you suffer from back pain, you may want talk to your health care professional before you do the exercise.

Belly Tuck
If you are looking for an easy stomach exercises while sitting at your desk, then this is the one. It is the simplest of the ab exercises at your desk. The best part of this exercise is that no one will understand, you are doing the exercise, when you are doing the exercise. Sit erect in the chair. Make sure you are not slouching. Contract the abdominal muscles, such that the abdominal muscles are pulled towards the spine. Hold for a few seconds before your release. You can repeat the exercise as many times as you can throughout the day. However, this exercise should not be repeated immediately after your meals.

Leg Lifts
This is a great stomach exercise. To do this stomach exercise at your desk, sit upright and press your back flat against the chair. Place your hands either on the desk or on the arm rest of the chair. Gradually lift your legs off the floor till they are in line with your stomach. Hold for sometime and gradually release and come back to the starting position and repeat the core exercise 10 to 12 times.

Along with these exercises, you may want to bring about some changes in your lifestyle as well. Make sure you have a healthy diet. Using the stair case in place of the elevators and escalators will also add up. Parking the car at a distance will also prove to be beneficial. Remember every small bit of exercise done will add up as it is cumulative.

Replies

• morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bump to view later!

THANKS!!
  • lisaloo85
    lisaloo85 Posts: 81
    Options
    bump
  • mirna_ayala0428
    mirna_ayala0428 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Shellz206
    Shellz206 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Thank you posting this! I'm stuck in a cube all day and constantly wonder what exercises I could be doing while I'm working!
  • bmontgomery87
    bmontgomery87 Posts: 1,260 Member
    Options
    Those are all great but none of them are going to do much of anything.
    Side bends won't get rid of "love handles".

Stomach Vacuums are another you can add to the list of ones to do at the desk tho.
  • mochama12487
    mochama12487 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    thanks!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Will have to try these. I'm in a cubicle so I'm sure the people walking past should get a good laugh. I don't mind though!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options

Stomach Vacuums are another you can add to the list of ones to do at the desk tho.

True. You can't spot reduce or target burn. The only way to get rid of those love handles is too burn off the fat. And I do the stomach vacuums too!
  • jgerbe2
    jgerbe2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    bump
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

True. You can't spot reduce or target burn. The only way to get rid of those love handles is too burn off the fat. And I do the stomach vacuums too!

I wasn't suggesting that this be the ONLY form of exercise that you do...duh....but thanks for your opinion!
  • allison7922
    allison7922 Posts: 276 Member
    Options

I wasn't suggesting that this be the ONLY form of exercise that you do...duh....but thanks for your opinion!

However, wouldn't it be nice if this is ALL you had to do to get a flat tummy...LOL!! ****SIGH****
  • jmacaroni
    jmacaroni Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EllyK09
    EllyK09 Posts: 75
    Options
    Bump. Awesome!
  • dwellsouth
    dwellsouth Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Good ideas, especially if you are doing nothing but sitting here like I am most of the time! And women throw some Kegels in there to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles. I need to do ALL of this!
  • sdwelk11
    sdwelk11 Posts: 825
    Options
    what are stomach vacuums?
  • skump425
    skump425 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rhaya96
    rhaya96 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    What is a stomach vacuum?