Very discouraged :(

2»

Replies

• backinthenines
    backinthenines Posts: 1,083 Member
    You're not automatically fit just becasue you are young/slim/healthy.

oops, sorry about the echo, Pixie. :smile:
  • mkennedym
    mkennedym Posts: 253 Member
    are you sure you are jogging or are you sprinting. if you are sprinting then it makes sense that you are tired by the 3rd cycle through. try slowing down your pace and only get a little faster each time you go until you can handle the faster speed.

also you might want to get a heart rate monitor. if your heartrate is at 140-170 then you are in the jog/run pace. if your heartrate is higher than that then you are definitely sprinting. 176.5 beats per minute is in the 85% range for your age and your gender, so going at that pace or higher is "sprinting" and you can only do it for short periods and a few cycles.
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    When I was doing C25K, my "run" was basically a jog when I first started. I figured I'd get through the program and THEN work on speed.
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    It was hard, but you did part of it, even though you felt like you were dying, right?? You pushed even though it was hard?? So good for you!!
    Tomorrow, just try to do a little more, and the next, more. Each day will eventually get easier. Athletes don't wake up one day and win a gold medal... They work at something over years and years. It will get better, just don't give up :)
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 441 Member
    also agree with mkennedym and girlruns

My "run" is 6.0 to 7.0

My brother-in-law is running at 4.5

Try doing the "run" portion slower. That way you can do more with out getting exhausted :) Do what is works for YOU.
  • Keep with it. I started treadmill and jogging back in January . I thought I was going to die after 5 minutes. Now I can run a 5k. I'm starting to train for a 10k scheduled for Memorial day weekend.
This discussion has been closed.