Italian Sausage

Options
I am looking for a recipe- I have some spicy Italian sausage I need to us up and trying to decide what to make with it that isn't too high in carbs etc........

Thanks in advance!

Bev

Replies

• BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Pan fry it with some zucchini, yellow squash, onions, green and yellow bell peppers. Season with your favorite seasonings.
  • heididormanen
    Options
    Mix it with some bread crumps or rice, some cheese and some seasoning and use it as filling for stuffed peppers.. yummy!!
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Italian Sausage & Potato Roast

Prep: 10 min Bake: 30 min
    Serves: 4

1 small yellow bell pepper, seeded, cut into strips
    1 small green bell pepper, seeded, cut into strips
    ½ sweet onion (ex: Vidalia), sliced
    ¾ lb red potatoes, cut into bite sized pieces
    1 Tbsp olive oil
    ¼ tsp dried oregano
    1 tsp garlic salt
    Pepper
    1 lb Italian sausage (bout 4 links), cut into chunks

Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a large baking sheet (or 9x13 baking pan) with foil and spray with cooking spray.
    In a large bowl, toss peppers, onion and potatoes with olive oil and spices.
    Spread vegetables on baking sheet.
    Distribute sausage chunks among vegetables.
    Roast until veggies begin to caramelize and sausages are cooked through, about 30 minutes, stirring once or twice during baking.
  • grumpyatwork
    Options
    Turkey Sausage Stuffed Peppers
    6 servings
    Ingredients
    • 6 large bell peppers, tops cut off, seeded (I use red peppers)
    • 12 ounces hot Italian turkey sausage links, removed from casings
    • 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
    • 4 plum tomatoes, chopped (have used canned diced tomatoes when I don't have fresh)
    • 2 cups instant brown rice
    • 1 cup chopped fresh basil (I used 1 T dried basil)
    • 1 cup finely shredded smoked cheese, such as mozzarella, Cheddar or Gouda, divided
    Preparation
    1. Position rack in upper third of oven; preheat broiler.
    2. Place peppers cut-side down in a large microwave-safe dish. Fill the dish with 1/2 inch of water, cover and microwave on High until the peppers are just softened, 7 to 10 minutes. Drain the water and transfer the peppers to a roasting pan.
    3. Meanwhile, cook sausage in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until cooked through, about 5 minutes (you can add garlie & onion if you like). Stir in broth, tomatoes and rice; increase heat to high and bring to a simmer. Cover, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the rice is softened but still moist, 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand, covered, until the rice absorbs the remaining liquid, about 5 minutes.
    4. Stir basil and half the cheese into the rice mixture. Divide the filling among the peppers, then top with the remaining cheese. Broil until the cheese is melted, 2 to 3 minutes.
  • bspendleton
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!!! They all sound good! :)